• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Shield Reviews

These look hot, saw a pic on FS's website this morning. Yeah, I'll pick up a 9 when they get "on the list" but I'll just drool until then. If I'm reading right, the barrel is .4" shorter thsn my 40c, nice! Probably thinner too.

Maybe in a couple of years you can buy one. Maybe if we all emailed Martha and asked her to expedite the process of approval she`d speed it up. oops, April fools day was last week.

Someone already posted that in a return email from S&W it was stated that S&W is looking at a May 2012 MA compliance acceptance. Trouble will be trying to get one of these elusive beauties because of brisk sales.

Dang, this looks like what I wanted my M&P9c to be. Not that I'm disappointed in my purchase, just means I have something else to add to the list for down the road. I'll be curious to look at this side by side with the Sig 250 compact (also wasn't and option when I got my M&P).

It better come without the retard switch (aka manual safety)

From all I've seen the small manual safety comes on the gun. However, the word is that it is very small and out of the way and clicks in solidly when flicked off and can basically be ignored and not used.

From all I've seen the small manual safety comes on the gun. However, the word is that it is very small and out of the way and clicks in solidly when flicked off and can basically be ignored and not used.

Deal effing breaker

Thank God Glock hasn't caved in to the retardation of putting a manual safety on a striker fired pistol.

Makes about as much sense as putting one on a revolver.

I think I'll keep my G17.

Deal effing breaker

Thank God Glock hasn't caved in to the retardation of putting a manual safety on a striker fired pistol.

Makes about as much sense as putting one on a revolver.

I think I'll keep my G17.
Yeah, I don't get it either. I thought from the leaked photos it was hammer-fired because of the safety. Then I saw the specs and had a WTF moment.

I didn't look at the specs yet but it looks a LOT bigger than my Kahr pm9. I can almost guarantee I will still buy one after the hype dies down though

I'd like to see how it stacks up against the pps at least size wise. Looks like a road trip up to four seasons

nearly identical, imo...held them both within minutes of each other just a few hours ago at the NRA convention in Saint Louis...they're contoured differently, but very similar in size...

All it takes for it to be MA compliant is for them to ruin the trigger...shouldnt take too long for them to slap on a 15+ lb trigger setup and then we can all rejoice. All kidding aside, it looks like a winner. Its on my list to try.

I spoke with Smith & Wesson customer service this morning, and they estimated that by mid-summer they should have compliance with Mass.

Back
Top Bottom