• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Shield recall?

I've seen chatter regarding a mag drop problem with the .40 Shields on certain sites. I guess the mags just drop out without the user pushing on the mag release button. I didn't see anything about a recall from Smith regarding it or if any 9's were experiencing the issue. Smith & Wesson has been made aware of the problem by users but that's about all I know

I've seen chatter regarding a mag drop problem with the .40 Shields on certain sites. I guess the mags just drop out without the user pushing on the mag release button. I didn't see anything about a recall from Smith regarding it or if any 9's were experiencing the issue. Smith & Wesson has been made aware of the problem by users but that's about all I know

That was an earlier problem. I don't see that coming up any more. S&W will take care of any defective mags that you might have.

Does it matter anyways? S&W is like making like 5 at a time or something, it was pretty much impossible to get the 9mm ones, anywhere. [rofl]

-Mike

I have heard S&W having major QC control issues, and their product sucks. /sarcasm

I guess Ruger isn't the only one with issues after all. [rofl]

Over on the S&W Forum there is a post that says that the poster called S&W customer service and was told that there might be problem in the trigger pin on some of the recently made guns but not on the older ones. I assume they mean the pin that holds the hinged lower trigger piece onto the trigger. The CS person said that it's not a recall as yet.

More to follow, I'm sure.

UMC is brass............

UMC 9mm is also the shittiest 9mm around, save for maybe ultramax. I would not use it to establish any kind of performance baseline.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom