S&W Shield 45!

groundscrapers

NES Member
MP_SHIELD_FOURFIFTHS_hero.jpg

this looks pretty cool. The 9 and 40 have been big sellers so I can't wait for the 45.

Compared to a 1911 it sounds like a benefit. An actual ccw auto loader that has the same capacity. But hows the recoil managment? Id have to put a couple boxes of 230 grain through it before spending the dough.

The Shield 45 is slightly smaller than the GLOCK 36 (that has been out for slightly over 10 years.

What's the low down on the Glock 36? From many accounts I've read, it sucks to shoot - is that right?

Shield 45 ergo's look nice, especially with the enhanced pseudo stippling.

Last edited:
The problem with this gun is likely going to be the grip. If it's thin and slick like the existing shields, it's going to be a hard gun to control under 45 recoil. I'll reserve judgement till I get my hands on one but personally, I just don't see the need when the M&P 45 compact is such a joy to shoot and so close in footprint.

I'd buy one. Been wanting an XDs for awhile now and the Shield should be very close in size to that, and easier to get in MA, which should make it cheaper. Only downside is that it will require an Apex so the trigger will be decent...

for me the XDS-45 shoots very nicely. recoil is non issue. so i'm not sure why recoil in the shield 45 would be a major factor, especially since the gun has already seen years of 40S&W use.

bigger concern than recoil is 45acp ballistics when barrel is chopped down to 3.3". while there has been a great deal of 9mm testing out of short barrels with many loads still achieving reliable expansion out of 3" barrels, I feel the jury is still out there on 45acp from extra short barrels. and f it fails to expand then it isn't an SD option. this is subjective so i'm not saying applies to everyone, just me.

as much as I find S&W annoying, they do seem to pay attention to what consumers want which is cool. and if they build the shield 45acp to the same standards as the 9mm, they will have a fantastic seller no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom