S&W SD Trigger Reset Question

Hello my technical friends!

I have two S&W SD pistols, SD40VE and SD9VE

The SD40VE, I have done the Apex Trigger Spring Kit on. Have shot it a good amount, probably 200+ rounds. When I dry fire it and ease out the trigger, I do not feel a trigger reset, but I can see the sear still moving with trigger manipulation. Rack the slide, dry fire, hold the trigger, re-rack the slide, ease out the trigger, audible reset, dry fire.

The SD9VE is new, hasn't been shot. I know the trigger is junk, so I got the SD kit, which I just completed the installation of. When I dry fire it and ease out the trigger, I feel and hear an audible reset (without racking the slide). If I squeeze the trigger again (without racking the slide), I hear a click and can see the sear moving. It's not pulling the striker back again.

So, am I being a nervous nelly? Is this appropriate operation for either/both of the pistols?

I took a few minutes and swapped back in the Trigger return spring back to factory on the SD9 and the mystery click / reset is gone. Looks like I need to email Apex and see what they say.

I took a few minutes and swapped back in the Trigger return spring back to factory on the SD9 and the mystery click / reset is gone. Looks like I need to email Apex and see what they say.

Did you hear back from them? I have a SD9 been thinking of getting the apex

Friend of mine has an SD9 that I shot Friday night... has the Apex kit as well. Still such a sloppy trigger. I would contact Apex and see what they say. I can't remember his having a distinct reset click at all. Just a mile long stretch to reset the trigger.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom