• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Revolver lawsuit

I can understand S&W's situation - it is what it is. But there's just something fundamentally wrong about awarding money for being STUPID. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can understand S&W's situation - it is what it is. But there's just something fundamentally wrong about awarding money for being STUPID. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As as soon as somebody sues you, you're digging into your pocket one way or another. I'm sure that S&W will weigh the cost of settling out of court with this idiot against the cost of legal fees and the risk of losing if they decide to go all the way.

Look closer.

It was McDonalds' policy to serve its coffee ABOVE the standard serving temp on the bizarre theory that the customers would drive to work, THEN drink the coffee, and it still needed to be hot. As the numerous scalding incidents and common knowledge proved, its customers (like everyone else's) drank the coffee en route.

We now return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

That's not why they brew their coffee hotter. The do it because the hotter the water the more coffee you get out of it. Ever try to make coffee using cold or tepid water? You can stretch your coffee farther if you use hotter water. McD's was motivated by economics, not predicting when customers would drink it.

The optimum temperature for brewing coffee is in the range of 195 to 205°F. Hotter will taste burnt and cooler will not properly leach the grounds.

premptive editorial acknowledgement: The optimum temperature to DRINK the coffee is somewhat cooler that that.

The optimum temperature for brewing coffee is in the range of 195 to 205°F. Hotter will taste burnt and cooler will not properly leach the grounds.

premptive editorial acknowledgement: The optimum temperature to DRINK the coffee is somewhat cooler that that.

I haven't had McD's coffee since they switched to Newmans or whatever they're using now. Their coffee years ago when this suit happened DID taste burnt and like shit.

I haven't had McD's coffee since they switched to Newmans or whatever they're using now. Their coffee years ago when this suit happened DID taste burnt and like shit.

Their previous coffee supplier escapes me now, but was a very good quality coffee. But when coffee makers are not properly cleaned and the prepared coffee is left on the burner at too high a heat for a long time it will taste that way. I used the same beans (from a buddy in the coffee business) and enjoyed wonderful coffee at home and horrible coffee if I bought it at McD's.

It's actually sort of hard to ruin the coffee during the actual brewing unless the equipment is dirty or you brew it too long, since the water will tend not to get much hotter than the optimum anyway.

It was McDonalds' policy to serve its coffee ABOVE the standard serving temp on the bizarre theory that the customers would drive to work, THEN drink the coffee, and it still needed to be hot. As the numerous scalding incidents and common knowledge proved, its customers (like everyone else's) drank the coffee en route.

We now return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Anyone who bought that crap deserved whatever they got. It was the worst coffee ever made.

Next thing you know Pistol manufacturers will need to put big red arrows pointing to where not to put you hands, and while there at it why not put an arrow showing which way the bullet exits the gun = DANGER--------> You could be seriously injured or even killed because the bullets come out of the firearm in this direction really really fast. So dont point this at anything you think might think is important eg: hands head feet . Better yet why not just use this firearm unloaded as a club its so much safer this way. Seriously this guy is a moron and should get nothing from S&W. I will even take the gun from him at no charge because i want him to be safe, after all think of the children. Damn wait a minute i hope this idiot didnt procreate thats all we need a bunch of sub 70 IQ retards running around.

You mean like this?

113513.jpg

?????

the colt revolving rifle was hated because you had to hold it with left hand way back to avoid the multiple discharges.any one shoot C&B revolvers knows to keep his hands away from the front of cylinder.I had a remington fire 3 chambers on me,very awakening.[rofl][rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom