• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W model 76

gerrycaruso

NES Member
I took the 76 out today. I haven't had it out in a while. It points very well and blasting the crap out of something is a great stress reliever. It's a C&R so I don't have to file with the ATF to take it out of state. Anyone else have one?

First I've heard of these. They look like a ton of fun. I was expecting to see some obscure big bore revolver tbh, lol.

I’ve had one since the mid 90’s.
Many years since I shot it.
36rd Swedish K mags were cheap and easily converted.

Last edited:
I take mine out once in a while . Wolff Gunsprings made a run of recoil springs a year ago , made difference in my gun . Cheap like under 20.00 bucks

Yeah the good ole days!
Could start a new thread what did you pay for your class 3? Bought most of my collection in the mid 90's and thought I was paying to much compared to everyone else who bought pre-86'.
Hint payed 7300.00 for RIA M60 unfired!

Here's a weapon that S&W refuses to acknowledge they made. Ruger on the other hand always acknowledged the fact they made their ACC 556 and helped the owners. I've owned my 76 for about 15 years nice gun eats any type of ammo. Cycle rate is slow compared to some of my other full-auto weapons. Pricing has hit a new all time high if you follow the market. Mags are difficult to find and are expensive. I paid a few years back $90.00 for a new one from GB. Most people ask what is a 76!

If you ever run across Suomi/Swedish K 36rd mags all you have to do is file a little off the front tab and they work great. They were cheap and still are compared to original 76 mags if you could ever find them.

I sold mine in 2013 when I got sick and did not want to burden my wife with trying to get rid of it in the event I did not make it to 2014. All is well with me now and I am sorry that I sold it. I will never be able to replace it for what I originally purchased it for or sold it for. As far as mags the Suom mags will work. I have modified them by milling down the flat tab at the top down a little.

Back
Top Bottom