• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Model 638

Ok, I'm being lazy...... I think I want a S&W 638 ( pref. in matte silver finish ) Anyone seen one in stock anywhere ( price? ) thanks drb

Riley's in Hooksett NH had one a couple weeks ago when I was up there (it may have actually been a 649 though, same style gun but .357 mag and stainless instead of aluminum.) give them a call. Most shops should be able to order you one anyway.

Nevermind, FSGUNS had them........ $430 cash (a full $100 better than Bass Pro ) I'd say I'm a little lighter in the wallet now, but the gun doenst weigh much more than the cash I layed down for it [smile]

For the money, a galco iwb is tough to beat. Personally I pocket carry or ankle carry (both desantis holsters).

I'm looking for a decent (ie not $texas) OWB holster without retention for my 642.

I got mine here off a WTB ad. Great gun, I can't believe how many people just straight overlook it in favor of the 642. I like having SA capability.

I carry my 637 in a galco ankle holster, very comfortable and very secure fit. I was even shooting hoops a few weeks ago at a family party and it didnt move a bit.

I got mine here off a WTB ad. Great gun, I can't believe how many people just straight overlook it in favor of the 642. I like having SA capability.

yeah, glad I looked on S&W online 1st I went to 2 dealers and neither even mentioned that model....... I knew I didnt want the exposed hammer, but wasnt in love with the DAO ( Im not sure why) cant wait to go to the range in the mornin and give her a try!!

I carry my 637 in a galco ankle holster, very comfortable and very secure fit. I was even shooting hoops a few weeks ago at a family party and it didnt move a bit.

the ankle holster is cool, but for me that would = "open carry" for most of the year ( if its over 40 deg. I'm in shorts )

Back
Top Bottom