• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&Pc 9mm question?

I'm considering purchasing an M&Pc. Does anyone know if you can buy it without the internal lock in Massachusetts? If it has the lock what do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a 9mm. Occasional cc. This will be my first handgun.

Thanks

I didn't think the internal lock models were "MA compliant" as far as buying one from a dealer.

The "MA compliant" M&P's do not have the internal lock feature. I have only seen a few with the internal lock and they were "non-MA compliant" models from out of state and PD purchases.

I didn't think the internal lock models were "MA compliant" as far as buying one from a dealer.

The "MA compliant" M&P's do not have the internal lock feature. I have only seen a few with the internal lock and they were "non-MA compliant" models from out of state and PD purchases.

My understanding as well. Mine does not have the internal lock.

I've also never seen a MA model with a lock.....that's a good thing!

One thing you will want to consider is to go with a mag safety (gun can't be fired without a mag in position), or without.

That option IS one you will have when picking up your 9c.

Good luck with it. I have one and love it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have issues w/ their M&P digesting reloaded ammunition? If so have you identified what it is?

The only issue I have had is with certain truncated cone poly coated lead bullets. Due to the short lead in the barrel and the profile of the bullet I have to load them shorter than I would in other guns. I haven't had any issues with factory ammo or any other bullets.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty much sold on the MP. Is there anything else you guys would recommend for a first handgun? Just curious?

Thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty much sold on the MP. Is there anything else you guys would recommend for a first handgun? Just curious?

to be honest your going to get a hundred different answers I will go ahead and say get a Glock but someone else will say M&P and then you'll get the s&w airwieght guys Then you will get some more Glock guys and then this thread will turn into a debate about Glock vs. M&P. The best thing you can do is go to a store and check out what feels good in your hand. And Stay away from Para

I would love a Glock but I live in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, so I'd have to go used and I'd like to buy new.

Sig too much $$$.

Guns last forever & used ones are great deals if they were cared for. That being said, your first gun is kind of like your first car, you're going to love it either way.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

What is the intended purpose of the this gun: Carry, home defense, range practice, competition? If it's anything but the first one I'd recommend the full size M&P over the compact, especially as a first gun. In either case budget money for an APEX trigger or a trigger job at a gunsmith.

Just remember, the M&P with Mass trigger is tough to shoot. Get a trigger job or do the Apex upgrades then you will have a gun you will love.

as Eisenhow said, if you do get an M&P and don't want to have to pump steroids into your trigger finger save a few bucks for a trigger job. I have the fullsize M&P9 with trigger job and love it..

Shot a rental on Sat. Really liked it. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. The trigger on the one I shot felt pretty good but like I said, It was a rental so who knows how many rounds it had on it.

Back
Top Bottom