• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P9C ????

JohnnyC

NES Member
Hello - Can you give me your feedback on the S&W M&P9C ???? I realize the trigger has issues, but this can be corrected. I am most concerned with reliability. And does anyone have any comments on the Crimson Trace grips? Thank you.

the 9c was my first gun purchase and was an extremely reliable gun, and accurate too. I never had any issues with it, I liked the M&P series enough to sell the 9 and buy the M&P 40c and a .357 SIG drop-in barrel. Can't comment on the laser grips but, from what I've read, they do the job they're supposed to do, although they can be slightly pricey. There are a bunch of threads on this gun just in case you want to take a look through the archives.

I had one, but sold it because I got a Glock 26, but it was a nice gun, and a MA version with a Greg Derr trigger job should be better than the one I had.

It is a reasonably priced fire every time you pull the trigger gun.

As for the Crimson Trace grips I can't really give you a good opinion, other than I have a CTC Laser on my SHTF Glock, but not on any other gun I own. If this is a gun you are going to keep long term, hey go for it, but you could take the same money and take a good course from one of the instructors here, and still have money left over for range days to hone your skills. They are a tool, but training, discipline and proficiency can't be added to a gun, and without those a laser of any type is worthless IMHO

I have one and love it. No issues, just a crappy MA trigger. Mine is with Greg Derr as I type this. He is doing a trigger job and a fiber optic front sight for me.

Neighbor has a 9c. Goes bang every time. Sucked to shoot though, until he got a trigger job. Now it is a fun gun to shoot. I would recommend it to anyone.

I have the 9c with CT grips and a LaRocca trigger...a sweet gun that is reliable and accurate. It was my first gun purchase, and I cant imagine ever getting rid of it.

S&W M&P + Apex = Joy

THIS.

I've got a full size with a LaRocca trigger and compact with a Derr trigger. They are both MUCH better than MA stock. After trying several M&P's with APEX triggers that is my current recommendation. I picked up a new M&P this weekend and there is a Competition AEK kit + RAM sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to be installed. [smile]

My first was a 9 full size, Put the Apex & fo sights in it now use it for USPSA production div. Liked it so much bought a 9c put in the apex and a laserlyte laser that replaces the rear sight. I think it is more accurate than the full size and it has become my main carry piece. It goes bang every time.
The Apex kit was very easy to install just watch the videos on you-tube a few times.

Johnny - I see you are somewhat new here so let me start by letting you know I am a woman with small hands. I have the 9c and 40c, both with Greg Derr trigger jobs and they are very nice. I shoot the 9c more than any other handgun I own. I have never had a FTF, FTE or anything else and I have shot as much as 6/700 rounds over a 2 day class. I actually haven't even cleaned it recently and I have no doubt it will go bang next time I pull the trigger (and the next x1000's). I usually carry a 1911Sc, when I carry but often have the 9c on me or in my vehicle. I would definitely say try one out, preferably one with a good trigger job, before you buy. I would be happy to let you try mine. Ask TBalls - he was shooting his buddy's M&P9 and then shot my 9c w/trigger job. He can tell you the difference!

Have had my 9c for about a month and put 500 rounds through it. No issues. Really like this one but looking to upgrade the trigger soon.

Did you install the Apex Trigger yourself?

Yes. It comes down to a choice of comfort level with working on your gun IMO. I'm really comfortable with it but others aren't. I've not shot an M&P with a trigger job done by a pro gunsmith so I cannot tell you whether or not the Apex or the gunsmith jobs have comparable results. I can say that I've never heard anyone who has bad mouth the Apex. Plenty have done both. There are reviews on the board.

Trigger Kit review

RAM (Reset Assist Mechanism) Review by me

My M&P9 has the Apex Comp AEK and their RAM. I installed both kits myself. My M&P is now one of my favorite guns to shoot. Before the mods it sat in the safe unused. I will never settle for a bad trigger ever again. To say the gun is a 1000 times better now than without the Apex mods is an understatement!! You will not be disappointed with the Apex trigger mods!! IMHO--A must for all Mass M&P's!!!

THIS.

I've got a full size with a LaRocca trigger and compact with a Derr trigger. They are both MUCH better than MA stock. After trying several M&P's with APEX triggers that is my current recommendation. I picked up a new M&P this weekend and there is a Competition AEK kit + RAM sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to be installed. [smile]

Which trigger do you prefer? I am too afraid that I will screw it up if I do the DCAEK.

Which trigger do you prefer? I am too afraid that I will screw it up if I do the DCAEK.

You won't screw it up. Just don't lose any parts and it should go real smooth.

M&P9c with the Apex kit is really nice! I liked the gun before, but the factory trigger it not good. Now I actually enjoy dry fire practice. The difference is night and day.

Back
Top Bottom