• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P Shield (9MM) trigger job or Apex Kit Spfld Metro

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
For a M&P Shield (9MM)would you recommend a trigger job or the Apex kit and where would you bring it in the Springfield metro area? I have heard/read good things about Dark Horse in South Hadley.

What about a sight upgrade? What do you guys like? Might as well do it now seeing as the rear sight has to come off anyway.

Thanks guys

Bob

Ive handled a shield with a Dark horse trigger and compared it to mine with a full apex kit (apex trigger installed too). DK felt slightly lighter than apex but the apex felt it had a crisper break. I dont remember which had more sponge to it but one was definitely more noticeable. My original plastic trigger was very gritty which is why i added the apex aluminum one. Either routes are hands down better than stock.
Chris at guns n gear had the apex parts last time I was in and he can turn out a nice trigger as well.

I have a BEC Custom Trigger on my Shield9, an Apex on my Shield40, and Apex on my FS9.

I'm not sure which one I would prefer, but they're all far better than the stock trigger. For the price point, I'd say the apex is a slightly better option because you can put it back to factory if the need arises.

Ive handled a shield with a Dark horse trigger and compared it to mine with a full apex kit (apex trigger installed too). DK felt slightly lighter than apex but the apex felt it had a crisper break. I dont remember which had more sponge to it but one was definitely more noticeable. My original plastic trigger was very gritty which is why i added the apex aluminum one. Either routes are hands down better than stock.
Chris at guns n gear had the apex parts last time I was in and he can turn out a nice trigger as well.

Thought GNG wouldn't install the Apex kits. Just sold them...

At least that's what I heard him tell a guy last time I was there.....

Thought GNG wouldn't install the Apex kits. Just sold them...

At least that's what I heard him tell a guy last time I was there.....

This is a true statement... I bought my Shield Apex kit from GNG and they told me flat out they wouldn't install the kit.

Chris did however push the rear sight off for me since I heard it can be a real PITA. and he did it for no charge since I bought the kit from him.

The kit is easy enough to install yourself by following the install videos that APEX has online.

I like the Ameriglo sights... have a set on my Shield.

If you do decide to go the trigger job route.... Guys at Dark Horse are top notch.

Can't say say enough good things about that shop.

Back
Top Bottom