S&W M&P Shield .45 options for higher capacity magazines

Looking to carry more than 6 rounds in the magazine. I have the S&W 7 rounder, but the extension on the mag makes it harder to carry concealed. I know about Mag guts, but they don't offer anything for the .45 shield. Hyve and Striker seem like they will make the mag longer than the S&W 7 round mag. Do I have any other options? Is there a spring I could use that would give me the result I need without having to add so much to the base plate?

This is like asking to fit 3 shoes in 1 shoebox. Look at the magazine for a moment and try to imagine where these extra rounds can possibly go while keeping a flush baseplate. The shield 45 is a nice pistol (only M&P I still own) but if you want a 10 rd version it’s the shield plus 9mm.

This is like asking to fit 3 shoes in 1 shoebox. Look at the magazine for a moment and try to imagine where these extra rounds can possibly go while keeping a flush baseplate. The shield 45 is a nice pistol (only M&P I still own) but if you want a 10 rd version it’s the shield plus 9mm.
This. If you want more 45 capacity, you’ll have to go to a thicker double stack like the M&Pc, which goes higher and can also take full size M&P mags.

Looking to carry more than 6 rounds in the magazine. I have the S&W 7 rounder, but the extension on the mag makes it harder to carry concealed. I know about Mag guts, but they don't offer anything for the .45 shield. Hyve and Striker seem like they will make the mag longer than the S&W 7 round mag. Do I have any other options? Is there a spring I could use that would give me the result I need without having to add so much to the base plate?
Me thinks you worry too much about printing.

I carry a full size glock most of the time, do I print, yeah, do i care no.

Me thinks you worry too much about printing.

I carry a full size glock most of the time, do I print, yeah, do i care no.
More accurately: do you print? Yeah. Does anyone notice? Nope, 99.99% of people are too busy with their own lives (or phones) to notice f*** all.

Back
Top Bottom