• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P M2.0 Metal

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
This showed up in my inbox this morning and I was immediately fascinated by this. It might have a little more heft and easier to keep on target. I think I'm going to want one of these as soon as our horse faced idiots decide that we can own one. It appealed to me as soon as I started reading about it.

Looks like they're seeing Sig eat their lunch with their modular design of the P320 and want to emulate the notion of customized selection, right down to the option of a metal frame. But this isn't exactly modular. Just a la carte ordering, which I suppose is still a good thing.

This showed up in my inbox this morning and I was immediately fascinated by this. It might have a little more heft and easier to keep on target. I think I'm going to want one of these as soon as our horse faced idiots decide that we can own one. It appealed to me as soon as I started reading about it.

You know better. If you want it, get it. If for naught else but to spite those who'd have it otherwise.

Looks like they're seeing Sig eat their lunch with their modular design of the P320 and want to emulate the notion of customized selection, right down to the option of a metal frame. But this isn't exactly modular. Just a la carte ordering, which I suppose is still a good thing.
I think they saw the success of the Walther PDP metal frame, actually, but I'm sure the P320 metal frames also went into this decision.

The more important topic is that S&W has once again missed the true opportunity to bring back the gen 3 semiautos, which is what they really need to do.

I think they saw the success of the Walther PDP metal frame, actually, but I'm sure the P320 metal frames also went into this decision.

The more important topic is that S&W has once again missed the true opportunity to bring back the gen 3 semiautos, which is what they really need to do.

I don't know, the S&W website for this line looks like it is trying to copy the Sig "studio" for the P320. That, and if they were copying anyone for sales numbers, it would definitely be Sig over Walther. That Walther looks real nice though.

I'll have to compare that with my S&W Shield EDC

Dimensionally and capacity-wise, this is closer to a G17, so at least 2 frame sizes larger than a Shield. Not sure that's the best comparison pistol other than also being S&W.

That's what I'm thinking. De-massify it and it could be a very good self defense carry weapon.

But isn't the point of making this metal is to increase mass while retaining the same volume (density)? If you de-massify it, wouldn't you be back to polymer full sized M2.0? I might be missing something here...

Dimensionally and capacity-wise, this is closer to a G17, so at least 2 frame sizes larger than a Shield. Not sure that's the best comparison pistol other than also being S&W.

But isn't the point of making this metal is to increase mass while retaining the same volume (density)? If you de-massify it, wouldn't you be back to polymer full sized M2.0? I might be missing something here...

I'm thinking more of the 10# MA trigger pull requirement.

Am I the only one reading the comments about wishing they would add "lightening cuts" and "demassify it and it would make a good carry gun" and ending up baffled? I mean......they made the m and p out of metal to add mass......to make it a better target and range gun I would assume.....and immediately people want to modify it and make it lighter and saying if they did that they'd buy it. Fml.....they make lighter version.......its called the original m and p 😂

Am I the only one reading the comments about wishing they would add "lightening cuts" and "demassify it and it would make a good carry gun" and ending up baffled? I mean......they made the m and p out of metal to add mass......to make it a better target and range gun I would assume.....and immediately people want to modify it and make it lighter and saying if they did that they'd buy it. Fml.....they make lighter version.......its called the original m and p 😂
Lightening cuts in the slide make sense for a gamer gun, in my understanding. With a heavy frame and a light slide and spring, you should be able to run powder puff loads and the gun just won't move. If I carried a S&W and wanted to optimize a competition rig, I would absolutely look at this for that.

But everybody has been chasing lighter pistols for carry forever; like you said, that's why polymer pistols exist. Suddenly a metal frame comes out and we're supposed to be all "Never been done before!" Umm, my metal framed gun "won two world wars" and carries just fine.

There are a whole buncha guns I would spend my money on before I bought one of these.
To me, this just looks like S&W grasping at straws and trying to play catch up.

Add to that the fact that every time someone praises their M&P they say something like "...once I installed good trigger..."
The idea of buying a new gun, only to have to immediately modify it, is a non starter for me.

There are a whole buncha guns I would spend my money on before I bought one of these.
To me, this just looks like S&W grasping at straws and trying to play catch up.

Add to that the fact that every time someone praises their M&P they say something like "...once I installed good trigger..."
The idea of buying a new gun, only to have to immediately modify it, is a non starter for me.
I own an m and p 45 and it's the worst gun purchase I ever made. Have not shot it in 4 years at least. It's reliable....but the trigger is awful and just sucks to shoot it.

I own an m and p 45 and it's the worst gun purchase I ever made. Have not shot it in 4 years at least. It's reliable....but the trigger is awful and just sucks to shoot it.
Get either a trigger job; OR put in an APEX trigger. Either way it turns it into a great pistol.
My original M&P9 (gen1); I had a trigger job done, because the apex kit was not out yet.
I had Lou at Business End Customs (do the trigger job). He does great work!

Get either a trigger job; OR put in an APEX trigger. Either way it turns it into a great pistol.
My original M&P9 (gen1); I had a trigger job done, because the apex kit was not out yet.

He did mine too, his carry package I think it was, & it came out great. Good cerakote job too. Was my first gun purchase years ago.

Then I realized I punched myself in the dick while skinflinting since I spent $300 on a $450 pistol.

But, Lou did awesome work. Does he only do 1911 stuff now though?

I have a great 1911 now to feed 45acp. I'm good.

The m and p can rot in my safe until i get around to selling or trading it.

Back
Top Bottom