• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P Bodyguard .380 Review/Range Report.

34847724_1960401303978714_8070892291109158912_n.jpg

I shot my first shot through the .380 today and it was a lot of fun so I wanted to give my review. :)

Firstly like many here already mentioned, the trigger is not quite as good as the J frame and it's just a ok trigger. It feels long, ect... But not so much the heaviness of it, because that's expected with DA only but more so the lenght of the pull. I do want to get work done on the trigger after having shoot it. Maybe a mod from gallaway.com. But all and all it's very great for what it is.

With that said though, I did find the .380 to be less bouncy with it's recoil. Probably from having a less stout round. But it's light and easy to shoot.

For it's price it accomplishes everything I needed it to and I do enjoy it especially for conceal carry. With a little trigger work, it will be a good shooter I bet.

I also tried a new ammo company, an extremely cheap 50 round box of 380 of Fiocchi and it shot smooth and clean as a whistle. Highly recommend :).

2957.jpg

Here are my groupings with both .38 and .380. They are pretty bad. I'm working on improving my accuracy with such the long trigger pulls. I feel more accurate with the 10/22 for sure.

41802692375_ab713b4e0e.jpg

Hope everyone has a awesome night. :D

Last edited:
I have over 2000 round thru mine with no problems I won't shoot aluminum nor steel rounds thru her.took a while to get use to the polymer mag release for you shouldn't slam in a magazine.She replaced my J-frame.Nothing I want more than that Loooong DAO trigger in my pocket next to the family jewels.:eek::eek:.Mine has the red button CT laser I suggest lock title on the laser housing screw and white nail polish on the sights.

mine has over 1500 rounds trouble free. small,light, very handy little pocket gun. M&P no lazer version.
bought it in 2014 when they were still over $300.
You can get one today for around $200.

Back
Top Bottom