S&W M&P-15

Catoperat

NES Member
I think I have decided on my first AR-style rifle. I am thinking a Smith & Wesson M&P-15 would fit the bill. I have been doing research and it seems like a good gun. I decided to buy one off the shelf for my first go-round, my second will most likely be a build.

Anyone have any positive/negative feedback about them to share?

Also, are standard AR-15 accessories interchangeable with the M&P-15? What about preban AR mags?

Thanks!

PS: I tried a search through all different sub-forums, and nothing came up (I am probably doing something wrong [thinking]), so any links to existing threads would be great too!

good pick although a build would be cheaper I can understand you not wanting to just jump right into it. Accessories will bolt right up and pre-ban mags will fit no problem.

Smith only has two MA compliant models, they are a great gun as I own one and it is flawless. The Smith is a Mil Spec model and will take most all after market accessories, I only wish they had gone with a integrated or welded flash hider as it looks a little odd with the plain barrel.

I recently spent 800$ or so on an M&P-15, and about the same on optics/accessories. It shoots quite well, and I'm quite happy with it. But I'm not an AR expert.

It's not like a muzzle device is mandatory, either. The m&p with a target crown goes bang pretty well, too.

It's not like a muzzle device is mandatory, either. The m&p with a target crown goes bang pretty well, too.

This is true and she does shoot straight, but it reduces the tac-ti-cool look a bit. As far as threading the barrel, that will make it non compliant in Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom