• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P 15-22 opinion

expedition03

NES Member
what do you think about the S&W M&P 15-22 .22lr? I was thinking about getting one for the range? Is it just good for piinking or could it be used for use in distance shooting. I didn't want a big caliber rifle currently. Let me know what everyone thinks. thanks

I bought one just before Christmas and really like it. It's short money for a really fun, inexpensive gun. I don't know if it is a distance rifle though.

Curtis

I bought one a year or so ago and really like it. Very fun to shoot. The only thing I can't say is what kind of a "distance gun" any .22 LR gun is going to be.

This guy hits steel out to 500 yds. Is that distance enough for you [grin]

Subscribe to his channel if you haven't already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love mine. Use to hunt a bit on the farm with it. 50-75 yard shots no problem with quality ammo. Made a headshot on a baby rabbit from about 40 yards with a red dot. It shoots as well as you do.

If you want her to be accurate learn the trigger, a bit of travel before she breaks.

Have it currently set up just like my AR for cheap training.

This PA red dot is cheap and perfect for a budget range toy.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_With_Fixed_Base_and_AR_Mnt_p/md-07-utg.htm

I have had mine over a year now. No problems at all. I take it to the range every chance I get. Its just a lot of fun for not much money.

It is by far my most fun gun! It is very accurate for what I do, which is 50 yds. currently. We have a 100yd. range too, but I haven't tried that yet. I put on a PA M4 clone red dot, and this thing consistently groups inside 2", or less at 50 yards with the red dot. I like that I can use it on our indoor range on bad weather days too, where I can't with my AR. This is one gun that I would never sell!

If all you can ever get & use is a ten-round magazine, why wouldn't you get a Ruger 10/22? Half the money, and there are lots of triggers, barrels, stocks, etc. available to customize it to your liking. Guess I'm not sure why you need an "AR" to shoot .22LR.

I guess it looks cool, and you can attach lights and lasers to the rails, but....

If all you can ever get & use is a ten-round magazine, why wouldn't you get a Ruger 10/22? Half the money, and there are lots of triggers, barrels, stocks, etc. available to customize it to your liking. Guess I'm not sure why you need an "AR" to shoot .22LR.

I guess it looks cool, and you can attach lights and lasers to the rails, but....
The reason would be that the M&P is more comfortable to shoot and has better iron sights.

Also, for practicing with those sights, it is quite useful.

Its also super light. Why not have a 10/22 and m&p 15-22 I say.

Yeah why would anyone need an extra scary black rifle anyways? I mean, I have my 10/22, so why would anyone need anything more?

I've had mine for the better part of a year, and it's great out to at least 100 yds. Thats about what I run it through, and it's pretty dang accurate out there. I agree with learning the trigger.

I just want a rifle that I can have fun with, nothing fancy or competition wise. This sounds like I will getting one on Saturday! I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom