• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P 10MM is hot garbage.

Yeah, cuz when I buy a gun the location and geometric orientation of the serial # is a key factor in the final decision :/

Dude you can pick up one of the things and if you don't think it's a piece of s*** then you're either blind or ignoring the obvious. I only sold those guns for 2 years..... the build quality on those revolvers is so bad that it even scares a lot of skinflints away. That's how you know something is poorly made even when skinflints are even scared to buy it.....🤣 taurus wheelguns are stiff movers, literally and figuratively. Let me put it this way I could take in a used SP101 that have been run over by a truck a few times and it would sell faster than a brand new Taurus at the same price. There's a reason for that.

Dude you can pick up one of the things and if you don't think it's a piece of s*** then you're either blind or ignoring the obvious. I only sold those guns for 2 years..... the build quality on those revolvers is so bad that it even scares a lot of skinflints away. That's how you know something is poorly made even when skinflints are even scared to buy it.....🤣 taurus wheelguns are stiff movers, literally and figuratively. Let me put it this way I could take in a used SP101 that have been run over by a truck a few times and it would sell faster than a brand new Taurus at the same price. There's a reason for that.
The SP101 is the worst POS Ruger makes, it only sells because it's got Ruger on the side and revolver fanboys are size queens who get hot for a heavy piece of hard iron.

Which Taurus revolvers (specific models) did you find so offensive?

The SP101 is the worst POS Ruger makes, it only sells because it's got Ruger on the side and revolver fanboys are size queens who get hot for a heavy piece of hard iron.

Lol.... the SP101 is a classic and it has sales numbers to back it up. Every SP101 we got sold in under a week some less than that....

I've never picked up a Taurus revolver that wasn't an obvious piece of s***. Not only that they tended to shelf rot 2-3x as long. Given the market those things do sell but you better have a wide demographic coming into your shop like the one I worked in, otherwise there's no chance. That's literally the only reason we sold them is because we had a small retail demo that demanded the cheapest s*** available. Honestly in a couple of cases I think they only sold because there was no alternative at the time. Hopefully their CEO will get around to dumping most of the wheel guns or reworking their QC/QA. The G3 on the other hand is a polar opposite of their revolvers well designed gun that's actually reliable and cheap. The G3 and g3c are good enough to make even the high point fgts go straight. Those guns are pretty much murdering hi point. Even a skinflint can see the value prop of paying a little extra to get a gun that's five times as good as the $150 hunk of dog shit gun.... 🤣

Taurus of today is better than it was but I still would be very selective about their products. A lot of them are still dog shit.

All this talk about Taurus, we’re forgetting that the point was S&W sucks.
Maybe I just keep getting lemons, but customer service when you do have a problem makes Walmart seem like the bastion of professionalism.

Screw S&W.

But I’m still keeping my 1971 Model 15-3.

I have an SP101 and the things a tank. Tight lockup. Good trigger. Just heavy AF. Probably 5k rounds through it, no semblance of any issues. I always wanted a 2.25" bbl raging bull just because I saw it in a magazine as a little kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then I handled one in a store and noped out of there really fkin fast. Sloppy lockup, bad fit and finish, didn't have that nice positive mechanical feel that I've come to know and love from Smith and Ruger revolvers. Nfw would I trust something built like a turd to handle the pressure of .454 casull. They make one in 460 now too if you're extra murphy about your purchases. Rented a Kimber K6s at buds, that's a great gun but pricey. Freakishly nice trigger, I'd say 5# DA and less than 3# sa, with no overtravel or stacking, which is amazing for a factory trigger. Only thing that sucks is the price tag.

I'll probably take shit for this but IMHO the SW Mod 39 is probably the biggest overrated piece of shit they ever made. What an ergonomic nightmare, the later 3rd gens were superb guns compared to that turd.
What really confuses me is that a very large agency like the Illinois State Police would dare to arm its troopers with that piece of shit and make matters worse by issuing a +P+ load to feed it! What in the world were ISP brass thinking?

I have an SP101 and the things a tank. Tight lockup. Good trigger. Just heavy AF. Probably 5k rounds through it, no semblance of any issues. I always wanted a 2.25" bbl raging bull just because I saw it in a magazine as a little kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then I handled one in a store and noped out of there really fkin fast. Sloppy lockup, bad fit and finish, didn't have that nice positive mechanical feel that I've come to know and love from Smith and Ruger revolvers. Nfw would I trust something built like a turd to handle the pressure of .454 casull. They make one in 460 now too if you're extra murphy about your purchases. Rented a Kimber K6s at buds, that's a great gun but pricey. Freakishly nice trigger, I'd say 5# DA and less than 3# sa, with no overtravel or stacking, which is amazing for a factory trigger. Only thing that sucks is the price tag.
"It's a tank" is about the only thing I ever hear about Ruger's, which for what is supposed to be a carry revolver the SP101 doesn't work for me, yet it's the one that everyone jizzes their pantaloons over. When I wanted a 5 shot .357, I bought an 80s Charter and it was light, tight, and felt right and was half the price of the SP101 with a far better trigger and sights.

Taurus haters seem to only want to focus on one revolver and extrapolate it out to represent everything made by the company, apparently on NES it's the Raging Hard On or whatever in some stupid retard magnum caliber that upset people and I'll say this: when used Super Redhawks in .454 were going for $800 used on gunbroker before Covidmania, there's no reason to bother with a Taurus Rager.

"It's a tank" is about the only thing I ever hear about Ruger's, which for what is supposed to be a carry revolver the SP101 doesn't work for me, yet it's the one that everyone jizzes their pantaloons over. When I wanted a 5 shot .357, I bought an 80s Charter and it was light, tight, and felt right and was half the price of the SP101 with a far better trigger and sights.

Taurus haters seem to only want to focus on one revolver and extrapolate it out to represent everything made by the company, apparently on NES it's the Raging Hard On or whatever in some stupid retard magnum caliber that upset people and I'll say this: when used Super Redhawks in .454 were going for $800 used on gunbroker before Covidmania, there's no reason to bother with a Taurus Rager.

The taurus j frame clones are as tight as a melnea cass streetwalker. Their best pistols are crappy clones at best.

Taurus - Better than High Point
Taurus - The Skinflint Brand
Taurus - You never shoot anyways
Taurus - QC? We dont need no stinkin QC

The taurus j frame clones are as tight as a melnea cass streetwalker. Their best pistols are crappy clones at best.
Same can be said about Ruger semi autos.

So what if the J frames don't lock up as tight as a vestal virgin? They're meant for 10 yards or less and with the thousands and thousands they made over the decades I've not heard of them blowing up due to mechanical failure.

Same can be said about Ruger semi autos.

So what if the J frames don't lock up as tight as a vestal virgin? They're meant for 10 yards or less and with the thousands and thousands they made over the decades I've not heard of them blowing up due to mechanical failure.

cuz if their lockup isnt tight then they cant hold timing

I’ve been telling people for years that they need blinker fluid changed..

Like a couple years ago somebody said they ran out of exhaust fluid for a diesel. I thought they were f***ing with me

It’s a real thing what happens when you run out of exhaust fluid? It’s some kind of emission bullshit but I don’t understand.
Yes. It’s urea used by emissions systems on modern Diesel engines.

What really confuses me is that a very large agency like the Illinois State Police would dare to arm its troopers with that piece of shit and make matters worse by issuing a +P+ load to feed it! What in the world were ISP brass thinking?
Lowest bidder. Or in the case of Glocks back in the early ‘90s, hookers and blow.

Way, way back I had a PT99 and a model 66, I think it was a copy of a K frame. As I remember both were pretty solid but not as refined as their Beretta and S&W originals but I haven't owned anything else from Taurus since the mid 90s. These days, for a semi, I would buy a Canik over Taurus and if people ask me that's what I recommend.

Think of it as your duty to send it back. The best way to help them improve is to make them deal with their own shit. S&W has given me great service on the 2 times I've sent their problems back.

Lowest bidder. Or in the case of Glocks back in the early ‘90s, hookers and blow.
That's really wonderful. Shows how much value they place on the lives of the men and women who serve their organization! Save a buck at the expense of a trooper's life. Brilliant!

That's really wonderful. Shows how much value they place on the lives of the men and women who serve their organization! Save a buck at the expense of a trooper's life. Brilliant!
That's what everyone says until they remember the bill is paid by their tax money...

I actually like the krapber K6s, imo the price isn't really unreasonable given the quality. I was shocked given Kimber, etc. Problem is they can't seem to make enough of them. That's probably actually a good thing though because it possibly means that they're actually trying to keep the quality level high to try to set the offering apart from the other stuff in the market..... unlike their 1911's I would actually take a flying leap and buy a k6s especially one of the 3-in jobs.

I have an older SW 1006. Shit trigger. But I knew it going in and was not going to be a stellar gun.

I’d prefer an older colt delta elite over any 10mm now except for maybe a Glock… only because I know the Glock will work.

That's what everyone says until they remember the bill is paid by their tax money...
A trooper or any other LEO seriously injured by a criminal will also cost considerable tax money. Lengthly hospitalizations, lifelong medical care and early retirements are no bargain for us taxpayers. Even back in the 1960s, when ISP adopted that POS Model 39, there were other semiauto sidearms available that were infinitely better. My pick back then would have been Browning HP35, if the caliber absolutely had to be 9mm.

Happy update. I quickly did a rough tune on the extractor. Filed in a little ramp on the bottom and took a hundredth off the claw of the extractor.

Complete rounds now feed with 60 percent less force needed before they start to jam. In real world testing this means zero failures.

I fired the gun with multiple types of ammo, different recoil springs, over sprung magazines, one handed and intentionally limp wristed. To make sure I didn’t take too much off the extractor I shot multiple mags of 40S&W. Couldn’t make that jam either. Then put in a heavy recoil spring, still couldn’t get a failure. The 40 had 35 percent less power than the 10mm Ammo I was using.

The only thing left to test, is I’ve read about magazine issues with really hot Ammo. I only have about 20 rounds of Buffalo Bore and am waiting for some Springer Mag springs to come in. From what I’ve read it sounds like maybe the stock mag springs are weak enough to make the rounds bounce in the mag and bump the mag release open.

I replaced the sights with Dawson recommended heights. They’re still wrong. They sent a .180 front. It should be .160 or lower. They have a free replacement policy and are sending out a .155

Pic of original and tuned extractor attached. (Tuned on top). Now that I know it was the extractor, I’m going to take the time to actually make a really nice one and polish that little ramp on the bottom. I also talked to Apex and they’re basically making the same thing and will be sending me one when it is done.

Attachments

• A263AAB6-CF0C-4CAE-A17F-446E1C9AEC97.png
    A263AAB6-CF0C-4CAE-A17F-446E1C9AEC97.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1855EAA6-CEC1-480E-949E-3F0B37FB0B6A.jpeg
    1855EAA6-CEC1-480E-949E-3F0B37FB0B6A.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom