• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Customer Service

I recently aquired a pre-owned SW1911 .45 (in trade here from another member) and I wanted to replace the recoil spring, not that it needed it but I just wanted to replace it.

After checking out Midway, Brownells and Wolff the price range average w/shipping was @ $10.00 for one spring.

So I called S&W and the lady I spoke with said I'll ship one out to you no charge. I mentioned to her that I have two SW1911's and would like a spring for the other as well. OK, I'll send you two.

BTW the standard recoil spring weight for the SW1911 Govt. model is 18 lbs.

Smith & Wesson=Great Customer Service! [grin]

I hope to get the same service as you. They are shipping out shipping lables to send back my M&P .357 Sig. 250 rounds and it will not hit a target at 25 yards and at 12 yards on a rest the rounds are all over the place.

Walther P22. I have said bad things about them , ever since the slide on mine seperated into pieces for no good reason.
So I googled , and read. They give a 1 year warranty on the thing. Mine was way past that. My loss.

Then on a whim I called them , I didn't even get a chance to say what was wrong with it , before they told me a prepaid shipping invoice was coming my way.

I put a letter in the box saying I had not only completely detail stripped it , stoned/polished all the little gizmo's in there , 'cause it wasn't being reliable , but after the slide broke a few months later I tried to weld it .... badly.

Then I let it sit for another year before I called them. I figured in a few weeks , when they had gotten over laughing at me , they'd call and tell me how much a new slide would cost.

Except , Monday - maybe 10 days after I sent it in - FedEx delivered my little gun , new slide. No charge.

Back
Top Bottom