• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Customer Service

I had to send one of my SW1911s back to them due to the fact that after about 50 rounds I would get a FTF. Not only did S&W tune it but they also returned it with a new factory blue box with all of the flyers etc and they threw in a new mag as well. That is service!

I got mine back yesterday it came back in a blue box. It had to be sent back because the guide rod and spring bound up and were at a angle. They cut the guide rod in half to get it out and put in all new parts, tuned it and sent it back in 14 days.

Smith&Wesson customer service is great. Any one else would have made me pay because it was my fault it happened.

We use the cheal 22A pistols for our traingin classes. Never fails that we get enough dry fire over the course of a year that the chambers get dimpled. S&W have NEVER failed to take the guns and clean them up in a very reasonable time.

S&W is one top notch manufacturer.

Had an old .22 kit gun that we picked up at least 3rd hand for use in classes. One day we had some problem with the cylinder indexing properly. Thought it needed a good cleaning, but the problem continued afterwards. Sent to S&W. Turns out that there was a broken part, and since they'd discontinued that model so long ago they didn't have any replacement parts. After checking to find out exactly what our preferences were, they sent a brand new 617 at no charge. Can't beat that with a stick.

Ken

I got a used 22A at Four Seasons, and a week later a piece of metal broke off from someplace under the slide. I sent it back and they fixed it and checked everything and paid for shipping FedEx.

It makes me want to get their new AR15, except I have two already from Bushmaster..

S&W and Remington have pretty much set the standard on Customer Service.

Years ago, we sent a Rem 700 in 7mm Rem Mag back for a customer, after he locked it up with bad ammo he made. They replaced the barrel, receiver and bolt for free, even though it was clearly his gross negligence.

He used AL-5, thinking it was 4831 (and had too much, even if it had been 4831). Remington estimated the pressure as 175,000 PSI. His buddy with the Savage 110 didn't have the same luck with Savage, and that gun was in 26 pieces after.

KMaurer said:
Had an old .22 kit gun that we picked up at least 3rd hand for use in classes. One day we had some problem with the cylinder indexing properly. Thought it needed a good cleaning, but the problem continued afterwards. Sent to S&W. Turns out that there was a broken part, and since they'd discontinued that model so long ago they didn't have any replacement parts. After checking to find out exactly what our preferences were, they sent a brand new 617 at no charge. Can't beat that with a stick.

Ken

What do you think of the 617, Ken? I'm thinking of getting one soon.

-Weer'd Beard

I called SW just recently to ask about a certain mag fitting into a certain handgun. The operator gave me the answer immediately.

I bought a new CS45 and one of the mags had bent lips on it.

I called S&W, told them what was up and that I hadn't even sent in the cards to them yet.

She asked for my address and said she'd send me a new one. I asked if she wanted the serial number, or any sales info to prove I had it and she said nope.

Got it about 3 days later.

We got a 6" 10-shot stainless 617. (Could have had 4 or 6", 6- or 10-shot, blue or stainless)

I haven't shot it that much on my own, but it's worked great for the students. The fact that it's only about an ounce lighter than my 686 and roughly the same size makes the transition from rimfire to centerfire fairly easy for the students. Good basic sights, a decent trigger and rubber finger-groove grips.

Ken

KMaurer said:
We got a 6" 10-shot stainless 617. (Could have had 4 or 6", 6- or 10-shot, blue or stainless)

I haven't shot it that much on my own, but it's worked great for the students. The fact that it's only about an ounce lighter than my 686 and roughly the same size makes the transition from rimfire to centerfire fairly easy for the students. Good basic sights, a decent trigger and rubber finger-groove grips.

Ken

Yeah I've been looking at one for quite some time. I think it's the ideal pick for me and my need for a .22 target pistol.

-Weer'd Beard

Years ago I took my 686-3 over the pond (not so easy nowadays), and
to the factory for some work.
They
- replaced the rear sight which I had messed up when I wanted to change the blade
- replaced the stainless trigger & hammer by the case hardened, 1" wide
- milled off the front sight ramp and replaced it with a pinned Partridge style
- did some work on timing
- adjusted the trigger at a little over 3 lbs
I had turned in the gun at 8 a.m., and had it back in my hands about 2 hrs later. Everything was for FREE, and they even gave me the parts they had exchanged.
BIIIG thumbs up !

Back
Top Bottom