S&W buys Gemtech

They continue to diversify, and that's a good thing. First they bought the co. that made their polymer frames, then battenfeld which owns Caldwell, Frankford Armory, etc...

Probably bodes poorly for their revolver quality, but good for shareholders.

Don't blame S&W blame the worker's party in MA. We have less democracy in this state than they do in Kazakhstan.

maybe just maybe they will take the lobby lead on the hearing protection act since it would greatly benefit their business...

Gearing up for a S&W suppressor line to be unveiled the day after the passage of the HPA?
They can sell them now in plenty of states. Maybe they'll start selling M&Ps with suppressors in a kit.
Can't wait to see the first S&W revolvers wearing a silencer like they do in the movies! [rofl]

They can sell them now in plenty of states. Maybe they'll start selling M&Ps with suppressors in a kit.
Can't wait to see the first S&W revolvers wearing a silencer like they do in the movies! [rofl]

They can revive the Nagant revolver design and make a new line of integrally suppressed, optics ready, night sight equipped gas seal revolvers! It'll be wonderful! [banana]

knowing that S&W is in this oppressed state and has done absolutely nothing to make it better for gun owners
honestly, i can't think of one thing that they could do to make things "better" for massachusetts gun owners. the people continue to elect shitheads to represent the state in washington, and for the most part, the local level. we have a republican governor who i feel identifies as a democrat and an ag who just initiates her own agenda at will without opposition. i didn't vote for any of them except charlie baker and even he doesn't come thru. i'm afraid this state is doomed, only a matter of time before we follow the state model of california.

Last edited:
They donated $500,000 to NSSF's fight against the AG's 7/20 illegal actions.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...massachusetts-assault-rifles-ban-contribution

I have bought quite a few S&W pistol due to them stepping up to help us here in MA!
I'm proud to own a product made in my home state!

Agreed. Also S&W might have heard some positive word on HPA but either way it's not that big of a gamble for them. With the number of states were silencers are legal they are putting themselves in a good nitch market.

It tells me that S&W sees a long term profit in suppressor technology and they avoid the substantial cost of in-house RD, investment in tooling. and infrastructure. Plus they can close the substantial competitive gap that exist with a major competitor, SIG - who basically did the same thing. I wonder how many suppressor companies are being courted by Ruger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many suppressor companies are being courted by Ruger?
isn't ruger manufacturing their own. didn't I see a mk Iv or something with a suppressor with a ruger brand in their catalog?

isn't ruger manufacturing their own. didn't I see a mk Iv or something with a suppressor with a ruger brand in their catalog?

Wouldn't surprise me given how popular it is to suppress the mark series guns. This is probably what your thinking of. Its basically made to be a suppressor host. There's video at the bottom of one being fired suppressed. http://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Tactical/models.html. I don't think Ruger has their own line of cans yet. They'll probably follow S&W's lead. They certainly have enough factories to get it done without having to acquire an existing manufacturer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me given how popular it is to suppress the mark series guns. This is probably what your thinking of. Its basically made to be a suppressor host. There's video at the bottom of one being fired suppressed. http://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Tactical/models.html. I don't think Ruger has their own line of cans yet. They'll probably follow S&W's lead. They certainly have enough factories to get it done without having to acquire an existing manufacturer.

They have a standalone 22 suppressor and an integral barrel for the 10/22 takedown. I've seen the standalone for sale, so that's definitely in the wild already, not sure if the integral is on shelves.

Back
Top Bottom