• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W American Guardian program

Steve600

NES Member
I am thinking of buying a new S&W 1911 SC. I see S&W has a discount program for LEO, veterans, etc that provides a discount. The only S&W dealer near me who is enrolled in the program is R&R sports in Belchertown. Have any of you guys ever used this discount? Does it cover all models and what percent is the discount?

I am thinking of buying a new S&W 1911 SC. I see S&W has a discount program for LEO, veterans, etc that provides a discount. The only S&W dealer near me who is enrolled in the program is R&R sports in Belchertown. Have any of you guys ever used this discount? Does it cover all models and what percent is the discount?
You should have a few options. But in MA you will likely have to be active LE. Retired and MIL don't qualify under MGL. Many years ago I ordered an M&P 9 LE from Buds, shipped to a local FFL. When I ordered a few Sigs LE from Atlantic Tactical, they required a letter from my chief. You can probably order directly from S&W shipped to your local FFL.

I talked to a store owner who was listed as a American Guardian dealer and he said the gun I was asking about wasn’t covered under that program. Just taking a guess, I’d say they only cover guns cops would carry etc. I figured it was too goo to be true.

• Not just LE
  • First responders including firefighters and rescue personnel with appropriate I.D.Military (including National Guard): Active, Retired, Active-Reserve, Disabled in any capacityVeterans Honorably Discharged with Form DD214 (or National Guard equivalent)
Before giving advice, I suggest reading state law (MGL in this case). What is federally legal vs. MA legal are 2 very different things. MA only makes exception for ACTIVE LEOs. I am a retired LEO and have spoken FTF with a lawyer at FRB who confirmed this for me a few years ago.

Before giving advice, I suggest reading state law (MGL in this case). What is federally legal vs. MA legal are 2 very different things. MA only makes exception for ACTIVE LEOs. I am a retired LEO and have spoken FTF with a lawyer at FRB who confirmed this for me a few years ago.

I don’t understand. I was under the impression the American Guardian discount was the same type as the Home Depot military discount. There seems to be some confusion here.

I don’t understand. I was under the impression the American Guardian discount was the same type as the Home Depot military discount. There seems to be some confusion here.
MGL supersedes what the mfr offers. In all cases it must be on the EOPS List for any MA resident to buy it. Only active LEOs can get the guns with new large capacity mags. And most/all LE factory discount guns that I've looked at came with "standard capacity" mags.

The program he is talking about is available in MA for non LE types. I don’t recall exactly the details as it’s been a long time since I worked in a shop, or have even taken advantage of the program. But for NON LE type, it has to be an approved handgun. I bought a couple of shields on this program a few years ago. A 9 and 45. I honestly completely forgot about it til this thread. Curious to see if I can get a CSX via this program.

Yes, program offers discounts to police, fire, ems, veterans, etc…. You can get discount on a mass approved handgun. Getting something off list is a different matter.

Sorry, I forgot NES was a MA only board. So sorry. I'll show myself to the door.

"The American Guardians program is available nationwide at select retail locations. Individuals who may be qualified under this program include: "

What guns are listed on the American Guardians Program?

"The American Guardians program has a very broad list of Smith & Wesson models in addition to providing access to numerous unique models that are only available to professional end-users. "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom