• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 642 holster?

Good evening everybody I’m looking for some holster suggestions for a Smith & Wesson 642. Specifically was thinking about with dress clothes possibly even all the way up to professional suit and a white dress shirt I have no preference for inside the waistband pocket ankle doesn’t really work very well with me due to being lanky open to all suggestions thanks for the help by the way I will have to take my suit jacket off thanks everyone go sox

DeSantis Nemisis or Superfly if in the pocket. Superfly is better if wearing tight pants.

I cannot pull off carrying a j-frame in a pocket holster, just to bulky for the jeans i wear (im 5'10", 180lbs). I exclusively appendix carry my J-frame in a relentless holster that i modified slightly, super comfortable, i forget its there. My j-frame has the small grips on it.

There have been some good suggestions so far.

I carry my 642 IWB, on my ankle or in a pocket, depending upon the circumstances. Usually it's a backup to a semi-auto pistol, but if you're lounging around the house or even working in the yard, it's easy enough to have the little Airweight on you.

During the warm season I'm in pleated dress shorts with a tucked in polo shirt for work.
I carry a 642 and a couple of speed strips in a SmartCarry, very comfortable.
Single Gun Holster

0000264_single-gun-holster_625.jpeg

I've used a Clinger Holsters Comfort Cling pocket holster for a few years with my J Frame and I bought a new one for my Taser. I use it in my front pocket but it can also be worn inside the waistband using friction. It has a gel insert which is super comfy and to me it is much more comfortable than a Sticky Holster. It's cheap, $19.00, basically no waiting since there are only two sizes, compact and a full size option. My J frame always comes out of my pocket without the holster and it covers up the trigger very nicely. Check them out here Comfort Cling Holster .

Good evening everybody I’m looking for some holster suggestions for a Smith & Wesson 642. Specifically was thinking about with dress clothes possibly even all the way up to professional suit and a white dress shirt I have no preference for inside the waistband pocket ankle doesn’t really work very well with me due to being lanky open to all suggestions thanks for the help by the way I will have to take my suit jacket off thanks everyone go sox

I carried mine on my ankle while wearing a suit at my wedding. She's long gone now, but I still have my 642.

What does being lanky have to do with it?

Other than a tuckable IWB holster, SmartCarry is the best option for formalwear- every gun owner should have one. I've had mine for years and it's held up superbly. If you practice your draw it can be pretty fast - just as fast as a tuckable Kydex IWB holster. I recommend getting the version with the spare mag pocket and put a speed strip there. On the occasion you might want to hide some $$$ or something the extra pocket comes in handy.

I pocket carry in jackets and casual clothes, but you should NEVER put something that big in the pockets of a suit or you will ruin it (if your suit is boxy and doesn't fit you well, you probably don't need to worry about this because you bought the wrong suit to begin with). The only pockets that should be used in a suit are the inside jacket pockets.

During the warm season I'm in pleated dress shorts with a tucked in polo shirt for work.
I carry a 642 and a couple of speed strips in a SmartCarry, very comfortable.
Single Gun Holster

0000264_single-gun-holster_625.jpeg
That's a non-starter for me since I've never skipped leg day and like my nuts, LOL! I could definitely see the added package doing damage to the existing package while competing for space......

Do you use a square or round butt mike holster
One of each because pants pockets differ. Pocket carry works best for me, I cannot stand jamming a gun between my slight gut/hip and my waist band. The other type of carry that matches pick carry in comfort is a shoulder holster. I carry a 4 inch K frame in a shoulder holster during the winter, at times.

Back
Top Bottom