• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 625 problem

I picked up a used 625-2 the older version not the JM. I cleaned it and took it to the range and it wouldn't touch off the rounds, so I took off the grips and saw that the mainspring screw was backed off. I tightened it and it fired as expected. It is, however not functioning flawlessly. 5 of the 6 pulls are smooth, but the sixth pull is pretty tough and feels like it's getting hung up. It is always the same cylinder that causes it. Any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited:
Check the face of the cylinders for lead buildup, also check the indexinf star on the back of the cylinder-sometimes one may have buildup. Greg

check for a bent ejector rod, with the cylinder open, spin the cylinder, do the rod wobble

with the cylinder closed and cylinder lock down, will the cylinder spin smoothly?

If the the revolver is clean and the cylinder will spin freely. look at the rachet lug that is causing the problem, look for burrs or anything the hand might drag on

Back
Top Bottom