• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 500 range accident

.500 S&W is an interesting beast. There are loads that will take you for a ride but there is also a lot of fairly hot stuff out there for it that is still WAY more comfortable to shoot than things like .454 Casull or .480 Ruger. Those two, when loaded hot, are the definition of full retard. It also helps that even a 4" S&W 500 weighs a lot more than most revolvers do in those two calibers.

-Mike

.500 S&W is an interesting beast. There are loads that will take you for a ride but there is also a lot of fairly hot stuff out there for it that is still WAY more comfortable to shoot than things like .454 Casull or .480 Ruger. Those two, when loaded hot, are the definition of full retard. It also helps that even a 4" S&W 500 weighs a lot more than most revolvers do in those two calibers.

-Mike

It's a fun caliber. And you can also get a H&R Handi Rifle in it, which is a hoot. My .500 reloads to date are 440gr GC bullets pushing 1270fps out of my 4", and it's about 500fps faster in the Handi.

And I know I haven't even scratched the surface of "interesting" loads to try.

Back
Top Bottom