S&W 459 help

Older model- Front sight might be cast into the slide
Pull the slide off and see if its staked in

Rear sight- You'll need dimensions and probably have to retrofit something in its place
Looks like there were 2 different type of rear sight options- Rear 1911 style combat like this and some kind of stamped rear target style like this

Drop-in probably isn't an option, but, if you had dimensions, you could compare it to something on here and fit it to work.

Older model- Front sight might be cast into the slide
Pull the slide off and see if its staked in

Rear sight- You'll need dimensions and probably have to retrofit something in its place
Looks like there were 2 different type of rear sight options- Rear 1911 style combat like this and some kind of stamped rear target style like this

Drop-in probably isn't an option, but, if you had dimensions, you could compare it to something on here and fit it to work.
The front sight post is definitely part of the slide and the back post definitely comes off there is a slide and spring and barrel combo on eBay that is listed as a 459 but it looks alot different the rear sight is much beefier and sturdier looking and the front has been hilighted with some sort of high viz paint but the decocker seems to be ambidextrous and it just has a bunch of if He minor differences not sure if it would fit my frame also it's 200+$ and that's almost as much as the gun cost me in the first place but as the front post doesn't come out on mine I was wondering if any body had a solution for that I can't tell if the eBay listing is a higher quality 459 or listed wrong or or modified at home if it's missed I'd be interested if any one knows how or has experience with painting the front sight post cause that's my main issue
Thanks

Please for the love of God, don’t dick up a perfectly good gen 2 S&W 59 variant. Realize these pistols are going up in value and are now collector pieces. There is zero aftermarket support because it’s become an antique. Once the sights or grips are “upgraded” the pistol is worth far less and loses its nostalgic factor. Think bubba’ed up ”tactical” SKS. Keep the pistol stock. There are plenty excellent pistols on the market that function better and have actual product support. Those are the guns one wants to use, because they are dispensible.

Right I don't want to cut of the nose I just want to know if there is some low impact improvement I can do

The front sight post is definitely part of the slide and the back post definitely comes off there is a slide and spring and barrel combo on eBay that is listed as a 459 but it looks alot different the rear sight is much beefier and sturdier looking and the front has been hilighted with some sort of high viz paint but the decocker seems to be ambidextrous and it just has a bunch of if He minor differences not sure if it would fit my frame also it's 200+$ and that's almost as much as the gun cost me in the first place but as the front post doesn't come out on mine I was wondering if any body had a solution for that I can't tell if the eBay listing is a higher quality 459 or listed wrong or or modified at home if it's missed I'd be interested if any one knows how or has experience with painting the front sight post cause that's my main issue
Thanks
Ambi decockers were an option on the 2nd gen. From what I remember the dovetail was proprietary on the 2nd gen. Night sights were an option but rarely seen back then. There was only one slide style for the 2nd. gen.

The one you are seeing may be a 3rd gen as they went to the Novak style read sight and a dovetailed front sight. They are interchangeable. S&W replaced any damaged department handguns with parts from the 3rd Gen. We had slides crack on the frame rails in some of the 2nd gen units. S&W replaced them with 3rd Gen frames using the same SN...something that can no longer be done under the ATF. S&W stopped repairing their metal framed semiautos years ago after the parts ran out.

Back
Top Bottom