• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 317 price ?

S&W 317 2" MSRP is $699. My dealer I usually use want's $630. Is this about the going price new (MA), or to high? I checked bud's and their price was $499. I know they won't ship to ma, but it gives me another price Idea. Any one know what Four Seasons gets? I can't call them until Tuesday. Thanks

I have a no lock 3" 317 S&W and it's a great little gun. The tend to be costly little beasts $650 at the last gun show. I like the 317 so much I went out and got a no lock 337 3" .38 Special to go with it. The 337 is only 1/4 of an inch bigger due to the cylinder being longer. Same sights, grips, hammer, trigger, the two pistols make a great set.

smitty

Smitty, does your 317 have the aluminum cylinder? I had been reading on the S&W Forum that they were problematic. Mostly, IIRC, they had problems with spent casings being very difficult to eject after shooting minimal rounds. How does yours function?

Smitty, does your 317 have the aluminum cylinder? I had been reading on the S&W Forum that they were problematic. Mostly, IIRC, they had problems with spent casings being very difficult to eject after shooting minimal rounds. How does yours function?

I had one and definitely had that problem.

Back
Top Bottom