• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W 1911 sub compact pro (new toy)

Yep finally went and did it, got the Smith & Wesson sun compact pro. Woohoo!!!

Been waiting for this gun to get Mass complaint. You know this is where a bunch of people who obviously don't know anything about a gun through it against concrete to see if it will discharge. I was always taught not to do that it's bad for a gun, clean and lube is good for a gun.

OK enough of me ranting, can you tell I've been impatiently waiting to get this one. [smile]

Great gun and shoots great also.

Now for some leather. Looking to get a CrossBreed holster but I'm not sure how well its going to fit in it. Has anyone tried this gun in a crossbreed holster? Any other suggestions for an IWB holster??

OK ok, here are some pics:

1911b.jpg 1911a.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
The OBVIOUS:

This-thread-is-useless-without-pictures.gif

Now that being said: I am drooling over this gun as well. My buddy did too, and he has his now before me.. [laugh]

It is a great gun, let us know how she handles.

Now for some leather. Looking to get a CrossBreed holster but I'm not sure how well its going to fit in it. Has anyone tried this gun in a crossbreed holster? Any other suggestions for an IWB holster??

just bought one used off NES last Wednesday, it's an awesome carry piece. Shoot real nice. I just ordered the CrossBreed IWB Super Tuck and will have it in a few weeks. I will let you know how the combination works if do don't pull the trigger on something else prior.

Steve

Nice pickup.
All I can say about the Crossbreed is that I am very impressed with mine for my SW. Not the same model as you would be getting but highly recommended otherwise.

figured id bring this one back from the DEAD didnt want to get yelled at from not using the search option

as for the crossbreed supertuck..... does the "all 1911 series without rails" fit even the 3 inch barrel 1911?

if not can someone recomend the model that does?

or a owb holster that sits high on the belt that will fit the 3 inch pro series sw 1911?

figured id bring this one back from the DEAD didnt want to get yelled at from not using the search option

as for the crossbreed supertuck..... does the "all 1911 series without rails" fit even the 3 inch barrel 1911?

if not can someone recomend the model that does?

or a owb holster that sits high on the belt that will fit the 3 inch pro series sw 1911?

Yes, it fits. I have a S&W 3" 1911 and use a Crossbreed Supertuck for "regular" 1911's and it works perfectly. The main body on the compact is the same, the grip and slides are just shorter. Check out crossbreedseconds.com - I got mine there for 1/2 the price of a brand new one and mine looked brand new when it came.

nice looking pistol ( even though i am NO fan of external extractors )

by the way, it just kills me that smith and wesson guns have to go through Massachusetts compliance tests.
good enough to take their tax money, now lets see how much MORE we can gouge out of the company that provides very good life long jobs in a state with an unemployment rate of 6.7%

i just put one of these on layaway a northshore firearms in Middleton. i know you guys talked alot about holsters in this tread. but can anyone else add anymore "gun" input. like how hard to control. how well does it fit. any problem etc etc. thanks

i just put one of these on layaway a northshore firearms in Middleton. i know you guys talked alot about holsters in this tread. but can anyone else add anymore "gun" input. like how hard to control. how well does it fit. any problem etc etc. thanks

Easy to control. Still has a little weight to it since it is a 1911, so it sucks up some recoil. Concealability (?) isn't bad - grip is still longish and pointy so it doesn't disappear as easy as something like an XDS or G30/36 but can still go away easy enough with the right holster. Generally short barrel 1911's aren't known to be as reliable as their full size brothers but I personally haven't had any problems with mine except for when the gun was very dirty and I was shooting WWB, had some stove pipe issues.

Sent from my iPhone

This is a zombie thread! Just bought one used from a fellow NES member. Put a 100 rounds in 19 degree weather through it and its a sweet shooter. Gun carries really well and if it continues to function as today, will replace my G26 as I find it fits my grip better and points more naturally. And I really love my G26.

Back
Top Bottom