• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RV Inspector Needed

Bison

NES Member
I am buying a 5th wheel toy hauler and I am looking for an RV Inspector to go over the unit and make sure everything is in order prior to the purchase. It is a new unit. But, I think given all of the issues with the new units, that I should have my own inspector verify the RV is in good shape before I take delivery.

Does anyone have a recommendation or someone that they have used and were happy with?

I found a couple of local inspectors using Home - NRVIA

I would appreciate advice here.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new unit.

We have been back and forth about replacing ours. We looked at some last year and the quality was abysmal while the pricing was crazy high. We miss it but things are only worth what they are worth.

Camping now is a life style/vacation style choice. When you add all the costs it is just as cheap to stay in a hotel.

Bob

I am going with Scott Wade: https://rvservicegroup.com/member-information/?uid=2613

I have spoken with him and emailed back and forth. I think we are on the same page and he seems like he knows what he is doing. Will Campers Inn have the RV ready in time for our inspection? Scott and I plan to go through every system. I am hoping the build quality is better than the last few years.

Nice unit. Just be ready to walk if there are some problems that the dealer won't want to address. Also be ready for the first year problems. What is the manufacturer's warranty like and what options are for extended support? I bought mine at 3 years old and the first year was nothing but repairs under warranty. Looks great, though, and I wish you lots of adventures with it if it comes together.

The inspection went very well. All major systems function correctly. Most of the issues had to do with sealant. There was also one interior door that would not close properly. I am sure there will be issues that arise as we travel this summer. But, at least we know the major systems appear to have been installed properly. We still need to check out the rear deck system which we could not do because of stuff in the way at the dealership. And, hitching and unhitching which we will do when I pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_9129.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_9129.HEIC.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 7
The inspection went very well. All major systems function correctly. Most of the issues had to do with sealant. There was also one interior door that would not close properly. I am sure there will be issues that arise as we travel this summer. But, at least we know the major systems appear to have been installed properly. We still need to check out the rear deck system which we could not do because of stuff in the way at the dealership. And, hitching and unhitching which we will do when I pick it up.

Congrats on the new rig. Campers Inn seems to be the biggest Grand Design dealer in the area. How was the buying experience?

Congrats on the new rig. Campers Inn seems to be the biggest Grand Design dealer in the area. How was the buying experience?
The buying experience so far has been great. We worked with Dale Dubois. He spent several days with is as we figured out what we wanted. Then he helped up figure out what we needed. We ended up ordering since they did not have what we wanted on-site. No pressure. The delivery process has gone very smoothly. They worked well with our inspector. I just need to check to make sure all of the items have been resolved and pick it up. We did several hours of training on my RV and they are going to go through the hitching/unhitching and leveling when I pick it up.

The buying experience so far has been great. We worked with Dale Dubois. He spent several days with is as we figured out what we wanted. Then he helped up figure out what we needed. We ended up ordering since they did not have what we wanted on-site. No pressure. The delivery process has gone very smoothly. They worked well with our inspector. I just need to check to make sure all of the items have been resolved and pick it up. We did several hours of training on my RV and they are going to go through the hitching/unhitching and leveling when I pick it up.

Excellent. That’s great to hear.

Back
Top Bottom