• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rustblue Gunsmithing

I know several people who have had work done by Serge and all have been very pleased. One of his specialties is higher end shotguns, I would not hesitate to bring him mine.

I had some work done and wasn't impressed. He installed a front sight on my 1911 and when he drilled the slide for the retaining screw, he drilled into the barrel. I didn't notice it until recently- it doesn't affect function, but it's sloppy work.

He also did work on another 1911 which came back with a barrel link installed incorrectly, so the pistol would fire out of battery. Luckily, I caught that before shooting it. He also charged me to install a barrel in the same pistol and come to find out it was a Storm Lake drop in barrel.

I have been to Sergei's a few times, bought a couple of things from him and also had him do some custom work for me on a 1911. Very nice man, very thorough and reasonably priced.

I'm pleased with the work Sergei performed on my M&P FS trigger. He installed a new Apex trigger and polished the internal parts.
-mike

I was in a rush to have a rifle head spaced. Had him do it for me. He did it wrong and over charged me and tried to tell me how hard it was to head space a Savage rifle while also being incredible condescending to me. I was in a hurry and needed it done so I paid. Took the rifle out the next day and it was head spaced wrong and ended up not being able to shoot the following day due to not having a rifle. Ended up doing it myself. Can't comment on his CS and if he would have refunded my money or actually been able to do it correctly as I was able to get some gauges. Truthfully after my first interaction with him I didn't even want to go back and deal with him again.

I just had some stock work done by Sergey. He fixed a shotgun stock that had been chipped when I dropped it. He also adjusted the comb so the gun will fit me better. I was very impressed with this work and felt his price was reasonable and his turn around was very quick.

Just had him engrave & reblue my rifle,and make some parts that one of my old pistols needed.Sergey did a great job.
Here are before, and after pictures of the rifle.

Attachments

• 100_1247.jpg
    100_1247.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN4604.jpg
    DSCN4604.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 61
I contacted of Sergey Lyalko
http://www.rustbluing.com gunsmithing out of natick ma

I was looking for a friend to get Parker shotgun and Springfield 22 rifle fixed up and made functional

Background on the firearms sat in my buddy's basement for countless years, which was also his wine cellar. Clearly an ideal location to store firearms

Sergey informed me the the damage was far past what he could restore but he could still help me out

Cleaned up the guns, made the functional and made the stocks look new and lastly dura coating all the metal.

Now these firearms which was my friends grandfathers will
Be around for countless more years and hopefully a few more generations can enjoy them

I highly recommend Sergey Lyalko
He was a pleasure to work with. Reasonably priced and I'm looking forward to going back to him again.

I wish I had some before pics because they were pretty nasty, and I don't have the rifles anymore the owner now has then back. Sorry man

Back
Top Bottom