RustBlue Gunsmith Natick- 👎

So what's the theory? Did someone drop the gun or did the pushing tool slip off and damage the edge?

I must admit it... this is a mystery. How could any self-respecting gunsmith let a gun leave a shop like that? 🤔

All the silly Bodyguard bashing aside, is that a plastic AirSoft sight like some have suggested?

Can anyone figure out the sight's brand? Model? :oops: I can't.

Heck, you can probably buy those sights off of Amazon… buy a replacement set, swap out the bad part and return the bad one and blame it on shipping damage or something…
Hummm. Just like losing life time warranty at LLBean or any other retailers. One or many cheap bastards f***s it up for the rest of us. Not cool.

So what's the theory? Did someone drop the gun or did the pushing tool slip off and damage the edge?
My guess ... the tool did the damage, or the Smith didn't even use a tool, maybe hammered that in.

I have used a tool for Glock rear sights, not sure how it could slip, it is like a big vise.

If the gun was dropped there would be marks on the slide.

I will go with the Smith used a hammer, based on the Smith not even caring he returned a gun looking like that to a customer. The Smith clearly doesn't care.

Keep in mind - we are only hearing one side of the story.

Damn.

Years ago, I had a smith buddy do some milling work on some Navy Colt replicas. I wanted to add the conversion cylinders with gates.

He F'd one up. I forget how. But all cosmetic. He ended up calling Cabela's, finding another 2 with consecutive serial #'s (which I had) and buying them and then finishing the project with the new guns. I felt awful. He wouldn't take a dime more than promised. That's integrity.

I saw a lot of crap about the BG also. So the OP has a BG and he wanted to upgrade the sights and a couple of other things. The OP already got screwed by the work so why make fun of his choice of a pistol.
I think its the “why not” f***’n with yeah thick skin nature of many NES members

My guess ... the tool did the damage, or the Smith didn't even use a tool, maybe hammered that in.

I have used a tool for Glock rear sights, not sure how it could slip, it is like a big vise.

If the gun was dropped there would be marks on the slide.

I will go with the Smith used a hammer, based on the Smith not even caring he returned a gun looking like that to a customer. The Smith clearly doesn't care.

Keep in mind - we are only hearing one side of the story.
The thing is, with a modicum of skill (like being able to operate a hammer without hitting yourself in the back of your head) you can easily drive sights back and forth using a hammer and punch without marking them .

The thing is, with a modicum of skill (like being able to operate a hammer without hitting yourself in the back of your head) you can easily drive sights back and forth using a hammer and punch without marking them .
I agree. And using a sight tool is extremely easy. I am not a gunsmith and can center a rear sight in a few minutes.

Assuming the OP is not leaving anything out, this is terrible work from the smith and he clearly doesn't give a sh*t.

Last edited:
You know, I have the BG.380 and it is surprisingly accurate. I mean really accurate. Yes, it's a .380, but it's the right cartridge for such a small gun. As a backup gun or for deep carry I have no issues with this gun.
Yes accuracy was not the biggest issue with that gun for me. I could shoot it reasonably well also but I'm just saying most guns in that size/ purpose category is really meant for super close stuff. Although Jerry Miculek was able to shoot it at like 100 yards or something. I'm sure it's capable but just quite difficult to do compared to a regular size

I have installed a few comb kits and have had blow outs and I also have cut to low.
It happens but as posted its all in the resolution.
Dayum - you know actual buzzwords for the failure modes?

Where were you when we needed you,
back we were struggling to diagnose the problem
and coin terminology for it over in the other thread.

Eh you where only going to f*** it up anyway when you try to zero it.
Just tell yourself its battle worn.
You know people pay for that battle worn look!
#ProTip

You thinking Joe Satriani? Or Dave Santurri! 😂
FKdXNPbWYAAztjH

WTF NES? I see a whole lot of "blame the victim" going on here.
They also serve who serve as an example to others.

Isn't April "blame the victim" month? I'll have to check my calendar [laugh]
In lieu of a formal holiday,
this may help:

Fortunately it’s the sight that is buggered up and not the slide… so what are we really talking about here, a $50 replacement part?

Start a GoFundMe and buy a new replacement sight, or replace it with the stock sight…

Heck, you can probably buy those sights off of Amazon… buy a replacement set, swap out the bad part and return the bad one and blame it on shipping damage or something…
I understand that..it’s the principle of it

How do you not notice that?

If you purchased a rear sight tool, you could have done it yourself in 1 minute. Assuming you even need a tool (like Glocks).
Like I said in other responses here I was in a hurry didn’t have my reading glasses and looked at safety work and checked out new mag release and just looked at sight picture
Not noticing damage

Really NES collective recommended Rust Blue for pistol work more than say Business End Customs , Greg Derr , Joe Saterni < sorry for the spelling Joe. Theres probably more . Unless you where holding yourself to a particular area and price point.
Surgi might be cresting his hayday also
I have seen some of his stock work 10-15 years ago and some other old steel and wood work , very nice.
Any way sucks all around
Curious what type of finish is on the sight. Hard to tell but looks like the finish was fubar but did it actually damage the metal and how about the alloy on that sight are they solid steel or that pressed powdered cast stuff?
I was actually going to go to mike larocca in worcester but I went by recommendations here..I think you’re right looks like that powder cast maybe

I saw a lot of crap about the BG also. So the OP has a BG and he wanted to upgrade the sights and a couple of other things. The OP already got screwed by the work so why make fun of his choice of a pistol.
It just rolls off the back..we know everyone has their opinions and I’m gonna hear good and bad lol besides the BG isn’t my edc

Back
Top Bottom