• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RustBlue Gunsmith Natick- 👎

BG380? He was probably too busy vomiting to finish the work properly.

That said, the right thing to do is just reject it outright if he cant do it right at all. [laugh]

BG380s suck. Didn't even put 200 rds thru. Trigger is terrible, heavy, you almost need to take your finger off to reset it and the pull is 2".

No micro compact is really enjoyable to shoot, but the BG380 just sucks

like 7 yards max.
BG380s suck. Didn't even put 200 rds thru. Trigger is terrible, heavy, you almost need to take your finger off to reset it and the pull is 2".

No micro compact is really enjoyable to shoot, but the BG380 just sucks
For an up close gun it’ll do the job..but it’s not my edc

@Hzplumber, how you receive the hazing is as important as the hazing itself.

In my eyes, you're doing well. Following up with photos and explanations is key. Hang in there... it will pay off.

Trial by Fire
~Enbloc
Like I said I can take it and dish it out..just wanted to make people aware what happened..👍🇺🇸

In my eyes, you're doing well. Following up with photos and explanations is key. Hang in there... it will pay off.
Still waiting for it to pay of for me.
NO.
And when I say "NO",
I mean imagine @drgrant has posted the video of the Intarweb's loudest ear rape NO.
e2f6ef5b-bbab-48c1-8873-ff45ba5ece38-png.421943

b602a4b2-5b0b-4167-9ed3-bbf94abaa2a3-jpeg.422038

Is this guy the Century Arms of local gunsmiths or something

After my last conversation I don’t think we’ll be talking..
Other than the damage, how good are the sights? Bright enough for your needs? Are you considering a replacement, or going to leave it "as is" for the time being?

In the first photo it looks like some of the black coating was hammered off. Is it exposed white metal? If it is, you can tape off everything and put a little paint on it.

Even a couple of passes with a black Sharpie may take the visual curse off it. It won't fix it, but may slightly improve it until you decide what to do next.

Other than the damage, how good are the sights? Bright enough for your needs? Are you considering a replacement, or going to leave it "as is" for the time being?

In the first photo it looks like some of the black coating was hammered off. Is it exposed white metal? If it is, you can tape off everything and put a little paint on it.

Even a couple of passes with a black Sharpie may take the visual curse off it. It won't fix it, but may slightly improve it until you decide what to do next.
I’ll leave it for now it’s not my edc but I’ll look around for a good smith and have it replaced

NO.
And when I say "NO",
I mean imagine @drgrant has posted the video of the Intarweb's loudest ear rape NO.
e2f6ef5b-bbab-48c1-8873-ff45ba5ece38-png.421943

b602a4b2-5b0b-4167-9ed3-bbf94abaa2a3-jpeg.422038
Im surprised sugi did not warn of this ahead of time. It can and does happen.
I have installed a few comb kits and have had blow outs and I also have cut to low.
It happens but as posted its all in the resolution.

Here’s the proof..happy now? Lmfao
Geezuss, How did you not notice that. Ugh
Eh you where only going to f*** it up anyway when you try to zero it.
Just tell yourself its battle worn.
You know people pay for that battle worn look!

He said it was perfect when I picked it up..my fault for not inspecting it. Was checking out the extended safety and mag release and didn’t notice rear sight..Was recommended from NES and figured I give it a shot..
Really NES collective recommended Rust Blue for pistol work more than say Business End Customs , Greg Derr , Joe Saterni < sorry for the spelling Joe. Theres probably more . Unless you where holding yourself to a particular area and price point.
Surgi might be cresting his hayday also
I have seen some of his stock work 10-15 years ago and some other old steel and wood work , very nice.
Any way sucks all around
Curious what type of finish is on the sight. Hard to tell but looks like the finish was fubar but did it actually damage the metal and how about the alloy on that sight are they solid steel or that pressed powdered cast stuff?

Really NES collective recommended Rust Blue for pistol work more than say Business End Customs , Greg Derr , Joe Saterni < sorry for the spelling Joe. Theres probably more . Unless you where holding yourself to a particular area and price point.
Surgi might be cresting his hayday also
I have seen some of his stock work 10-15 years ago and some other old steel and wood work , very nice.
Any way sucks all around
Curious what type of finish is on the sight. Hard to tell but looks like the finish was fubar but did it actually damage the metal and how about the alloy on that sight are they solid steel or that pressed powdered cast stuff?
You thinking Joe Satriani? Or Dave Santurri! 😂

The advantage of carrying a BG is, if you need to use it the cops are going to take and keep an $400 piece instead of something expensive.
LOL ... at that point, the cops keeping a gun should be the least of your concerns.

And if that is the only reason you carry a cheap gun, you are doing it wrong.

And you really think I didn’t try to resolve it? 😂

Fortunately it’s the sight that is buggered up and not the slide… so what are we really talking about here, a $50 replacement part?

Start a GoFundMe and buy a new replacement sight, or replace it with the stock sight…

Heck, you can probably buy those sights off of Amazon… buy a replacement set, swap out the bad part and return the bad one and blame it on shipping damage or something…

Back
Top Bottom