• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian SKS

He just won it and hasn't received it yet. he's also lucky I'm currently broke or else we'd have had a bidding contest.[laugh]

Thank god your broke....I really wanted this one...... you have all the really nice SKS's anyway[wink]

Though it's tough to tell from the pics, check the stock when you get it to see if the stampings go through the shellac, of it it has been shellacked over. Also check carefully for the rectangle with slash refurb stampings in the metal.

This looks like it may be a non-refurb in original condition. It's nice.

And what's with this "SKS Ray" stuff??? Has he been hanging around with Prince?

Though it's tough to tell from the pics, check the stock when you get it to see if the stampings go through the shellac, of it it has been shellacked over. Also check carefully for the rectangle with slash refurb stampings in the metal.

This looks like it may be a non-refurb in original condition. It's nice.

And what's with this "SKS Ray" stuff??? Has he been hanging around with Prince?

Judging from the link for it I saw, I think its an original. In one of the pictures you could make out the inspector's stamp, plus that finish looks thin like the originals were.

On a side note... its easier for folks to just call me Ray at shoots and meets rather than Milsurps 4 Me, plus I've been leaning more towards SKS types and other semi autos instead of the milsurps I started out collecting. I should e mail an admin at Survivor's boards for a name change there too. [grin]

prior to making this recent purchase I emailed Ray and asked his thoughts on the rifle. I trust him as the resident expert. I do take a chance when I do that however.....he may want the rifle as much as I do[laugh]

Thanks for all your help Ray, I cant wait for this baby to arrive[smile]

Back
Top Bottom