• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian SKS

Garys

NES Member
Rearsnalled, I think. All numbers match, with nothing force matched. I also got about 360 rounds of ammo with it. 80 of those are Norinco steel cased ammo, labeled as "Non Corrosive". I'm not sure I trust that. The rest are all Copper, MilSurp, which I'm sure is corrosive.

I found field stripping this much easier than the directions I've read lead me to believe.

Anyway, here it is,

Nice. What arsenal? If it's refurbed there should be a box with a line through it stamped on the stock and near the arsenal mark.

Tula. There is a box as you describe on the reciever cover. There is also the date 1954r, at least I guess it's a date. On one side of the stock is the Tula Star with what could be 1954r. On the other side is the box with the line through and a smaler box with a T in it.

I just picked it up yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I was going to do that today but I've come down with a wicked cold so all I can do is sit around the house.

Gary

Garys said:
I just picked it up yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to fire it yet. I was going to do that today but I've come down with a wicked cold so all I can do is sit around the house.
...And fondle guns.

Do you have a camera in my house! <G> Actually, I took all of my firearms out today and took ID pictures, just in case. There are a few that I don't have the paperwork for and in the rare or maybe not so rare event that we have a New Orleans type ILLEGAL confiscation I want to be able to prove that I own them.

I took each weapon and put my LTC next to the serial number. Then I took digital pictures. I'll burn those onto a CD and lock it up.

However, since I had them all out, I did take the opportunity to look over each one and make sure that it cycled correctly. Several times. <G>

Gary

Better shot of mine.[smile]

5f83f99e.jpg

Being retired(disabled @55) I sit sometimes and fondle my surplus rifles and pistols and sometimes just look and compare the bullets too if its a new caliber to me. I told that to the misses today and she thinks i'm nuts. Its a guy thing and you don't have to always shoot them to enjoy them. I must say there kept wiped down and clean from dust all the time too. And i thought being retired was going to be boring? Ok i'm not 100% health wise but i'm still having fun doing what i can do life isn't completely over i just can't carry the target out to 100yds on most days so my son does it for me..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom