• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Russian screw build

warwickben

bubba Kalashnikov
So I got sick of all those dumb ass know it all ak guys on this site giving me all this crap about my psl barrel being delayed .

I figured the best way to get back at them, make Boris and Atillia cry would be to find a Russian ak parts kit and do a screw build .

It's not cheap to track one of these down.

So I found one online
y4edavaz.jpg

Then I had to find a nice set of screws for it so I didn't get a teeth full of metal while I was laugh my ass off that I destroyed some thing they loved so much .

Came across these kits that has all the screws in it all ready .

egarevy6.jpg

I didn't even bother fully demilling the kit I just drilled the rivets out enough so I could tap them .
bydymuqy.jpg

Pretty sure I even drilled in to the barrel but what ever .

Least I ruined a legit Russian barrel .

5 mins later the rifle was done took a hour max to build

Once I figured out all the blue prints I could find was off or me just not reading Russian so well I remade the rear block.
It was still a little off still but I was able to fix it with a file .
6adumu9e.jpg

I started off doing this so I could build a jig for building a obrez from a barrel stub and cut receiver . Figure if I was gonna have a obrez I'd rather it be a legit pistol vs a sbr. Since I'd rather not deal with the ATF and be able to cross state lines with it easily . Thank you Boris for the link btw. No Im not going to screw sections of pipe.

So the next step was connecting the front and rear.
uqe3yzyz.jpg

Well I've been lurking around weapons guild since the owner of the site is the owner of prexis(person making my psl barrel) and as far as I can tell he gets weird delays popping up all the time.

I think the guys shop is in the middle of no where off the grid. Really weird shot happens to him and his machines which I found out after the fact . But he does deliver. And responds unlike cold steel solutions .

Then I came across this .
ygury3aj.jpg

Figure what the hell can make the jig the stock too .

Last edited:
So I started drilling and tapping
y9enyses.jpg

ty7upu2u.jpg

etesu2us.jpg

tuqary2e.jpg

So now I had to remove some metal on the back and near the trigger. Might as well give it some lines too.

You can see where I had to notch the metal for the ejector and all the junk on the left side .

Last edited:
egarevy6.jpg

I didn't even bother fully demilling the kit I just drilled the rivets out enough so I could tap them .
bydymuqy.jpg

Pretty sure I even drilled in to the barrel but what ever .

Least I ruined a legit Russian barrel .

5 mins later the rifle was done took a hour max to build

you're so dumb you don't know how to troll properly. That's a hungarian front trunnion. You used a stock photo from Tantal. And you're a queer, so we wouldn't believe you anyways.

You'll never build a gun that's worth a shit. Because you are the ****ing tool.

gy3a7e7u.jpg

So I then taped then up with some heavy duty double sides tape.

And roughed if out on a band saw and smoothed it out with with a file.

So I had to figure out a pistol grip.

6yse4ude.jpg

Had this block sitting around figured it was a good size .

ebyzygyr.jpg

Good enough .

you're so dumb you don't know how to troll properly. That's a hungarian front trunnion. You used a stock photo from Tantal. And you're a queer, so we wouldn't believe you anyways.

You'll never build a gun that's worth a shit. Because you are the ****ing tool.

Just trolling you guys ...

umeje8yj.jpg

Figure it will work for a obrez stock .
Its gonna take me along time to build the receiver so figured I'd add a buttstock so I can use it in the mean time .

Last edited:
Just trolling you guys ...

umeje8yj.jpg

Figure it will work for a obrez stock .
Its gonna take me along time to build the receiver so figured I'd add a buttstock so I can use it in the mean time .

so you mounted a 1911 grip to a piece of aluminum stock and posted a bunch of pictures you've found on the internet.

that's about par for the course for "gun building ben."

now go take pictures of you shooting that and post them on here. It'll finish it off nicely.

so you mounted a 1911 grip to a piece of aluminum stock and posted a bunch of pictures you've found on the internet.

that's about par for the course for "gun building ben."

now go take pictures of you shooting that and post them on here. It'll finish it off nicely.

Na building a stock. Figured I'd give you guys some thing else to give me shit for . besides me waiting on the psl barrel.

That and figured you would realize the parts / photos I stole off the net wheren't Russian parts .

Figured a 1911 grip was different since every one sticks a ar grip on every thing . That and I had the grips sitting in my box of parts .

That looks wicked heavy.

I admire your creativity & an attempt to do something different... are you looking to duplicate this? I assume you'll add you're own ideas to it.
Have you looked into making an extended mag?
I didn't make that one ......

I plan to go test shoot it this weekend since I went away this past one .
Really I just got bored I made the blocks for a jig and said screw it ill use them for a stock .

Yeah I've been looking in to options in a extended mag.
There's guys who made drag mags , psl mags, a lahti mag, a few types of pancake 7.62x54r drums to work on mosins on weapons guild.
All those mags cost to much or have too many problems to deal.
When I get some psl mags I was gonna see if I could get then to work with out modding them. Or make a vepr or archangel mag work. The problem I see a 10 rd 54r single stack mag is pretty long.

I didn't make that one ......

I plan to go test shoot it this weekend since I went away this past one .
Really I just got bored I made the blocks for a jig and said screw it ill use them for a stock .

Yeah I've been looking in to options in a extended mag.
There's guys who made drag mags , psl mags, a lahti mag, a few types of pancake 7.62x54r drums to work on mosins on weapons guild.
All those mags cost to much or have too many problems to deal.
When I get some psl mags I was gonna see if I could get then to work with out modding them. Or make a vepr or archangel mag work. The problem I see a 10 rd 54r single stack mag is pretty long.

I've seen a couple people posting on the web about 10 rounders "coming soon", but the companies don't exist. Haven't seen the offerings for the Archangel - more than I want to spend on my mosin - need another one or 3 for that.[smile]

Well, I've never built an AK, although it is on the bucket list, so I am no expert. But that is gayer than 5 buys blowing 6 guys.

Back
Top Bottom