RUSSIAN CAPTURE P08 LUGER

I JUST PICKED UP A 9MM P08 LUGER MADE BY MAUSER WITH RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKES ON IT, GO,S WELL
WITH MY RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKED K-98 AND MY P-38 ALSO WITH RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKS
WE ARE ON A ROLE LA STROVIA? S.D.

I have an RC P08 as well. It's my shooter Luger.

rlee.gif

I have a DWM P.08 RC which miraculously remained matching in Iwan's custody and kept
the unit mark of an MG sniper company. The finish appears like she has been phosphated.
Now we are all to pull them from their dark confines and take pics to be shown here.

What's the marketeprice for a matching Luger nowadays? I saw two at a local shop, 1916 DWM and 1940 '42', both 4" barrels. Inspecting them from outside the case, the '16 was about 60%, and the '40 about 70%. Visible parts matched. Both marked $1700...probably the limit of purchase power...

MS

I can't remember the last time I saw a Luger at a show for under $1000. That being said, most of what turns up at local shows is 90%+ matching "collector" guns. I've seen probably 2 lunchbox Lugers or refinished shooters in the $600 to $800 range. Usually, RC Lugers tend to sell in the shooter range.... My 1939 S/42 is RC marked but is all matching except for the side plate, grips and magazine so there are decent deals to be had.

Last edited:
I JUST PICKED UP A 9MM P08 LUGER MADE BY MAUSER WITH RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKES ON IT, GO,S WELL
WITH MY RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKED K-98 AND MY P-38 ALSO WITH RUSSIAN CAPTURE MARKS
WE ARE ON A ROLE LA STROVIA? S.D.

What's up Sheriff :)

Hope all is well in life for you.
I am jealous for sure of your new acquisition.

If you need my assistance in getting some pics up online to show it off just let me know and I will swing by to say hello and get the pictures done.

Until I get the cam working I can only come up with a family photo.
Those four came from an estate approx. 2 years ago and the deal was
"all or none". At the end we settled shy of $ 1,500 for the lot.

Upper left: Erfurt 1918
Upper right: DWM 1916 RC w/ unit mark, note the rather dull finish
Lower left: Oberndorf 42 1940
Lower right: P.38 byf 44

The holster and additional mag were part of the lot, too.

S3500011.jpg

By now I have shot only the 42 1940 and the P.38.
I have bought the lot from a guy who helped the heirs to get rid
of the evil things for a quick buck and unfortunately don't have
a story behind them.
Whenever I'm buying from an estate I'm asking for any paperwork
such as a Soldbuch, but with little success.

i have been away for a day or two but as soon as my MAN Max can give me another crash course on PIC,s
i will post some pic,s of the Luger ! i am verry surprised that all numbers Match thats not what i ever expected
from a Russian Capture cause they usualy take guns apart and throw all the same parts in one box and then
just put them back " Hellter-Skellter" she is a beauty!! and has a mint bore, thats all for now S.D.

If I remember right, Luger parts aren't really interchangeable, unlike P.38s; the Russians knew this and cleaned up the pistols in their original configuration. I think every RC Luger I have seen or heard about was matching, or mostly matching.

MS

Last edited:
Luger parts for the the most part have to be fine tuned to the gun. Some parts will be close while others do not fit at all without modifications.

I remember hearing that the Russians didn't care for the Luger as much as the P38 because of the tight tolerances. The P38 were slightly looser fitting pistols and as any of use who owned Russian guns can attest to, the Russian stuff is far less a tight fitting, and in most cases, less accurate than the German stuff. This was a problem for the Russians as they seldom cleaned and serviced their guns. The result was many of the Lugers that were captured in combat were used till they started to jam then thrown away.

Back
Top Bottom