Runnings / Hinsdale NH

steven grammont

NES Member
Took a ride up to this store today , had never been there before , kind of a tractor supply on steroids type of place. They do sell guns / ammo / reloading supplies / targets / holsters , you get the jist.
Not a lot of ammo or guns on hand , but some of both. Didn't notice any handgun ammunition , but a small variety of rifle and shotgun ammo in stock. One box limit per caliber , I grabbed a box of 00 buck for $15 , and 200 primers for $10 ( 2 sleeve max on the primers). Not a bad place , figured it was something to do and a new place to check out.

what kind of primers? that don't sound like an out of line price right now, 50 bucks/thousand? lp? sp?

what kind of primers? that don't sound like an out of line price right now, 50 bucks/thousand? lp? sp?
Sorry for not being specific , the were CCI spp. I thought the price was decent , my girlfriend grabbed two sleeves as well but she wouldn't give them to me , gave them to her father instead ( told her I'll remember that ......lol).

Sorry for not being specific , the were CCI spp. I thought the price was decent , my girlfriend grabbed two sleeves as well but she wouldn't give them to me , gave them to her father instead ( told her I'll remember that ......lol).
I see, I thought you only bought 200, you ment 2000.

Took a ride up to this store today , had never been there before , kind of a tractor supply on steroids type of place. They do sell guns / ammo / reloading supplies / targets / holsters , you get the jist.
Not a lot of ammo or guns on hand , but some of both. Didn't notice any handgun ammunition , but a small variety of rifle and shotgun ammo in stock. One box limit per caliber , I grabbed a box of 00 buck for $15 , and 200 primers for $10 ( 2 sleeve max on the primers). Not a bad place , figured it was something to do and a new place to check out.
Love that store, need ammo, a live chicken, an air hammer, and a gocart in one stop? It's all there.

Before it went bankrupt, I had a part time gig for a few months in Hinsdale at a shop that had an indoor Savage range called Tristate. Great range that occupied a huge part of the stand alone building.
Anybody know what happened to it?

Nein! No ammo for you! Maᛋᛋachuᛋᛋets forbids you to zhop for zose items in a Free Schtate! Maura vill be informted! 1618704144815.png

Be aware when a reloader hears the word "sleeve" it means a unit of 5000 primers. You got 2 slices of bread, a sleeve is a loaf. ;)

Well, I was at Running's Hinsdale today, Bought several items including 10 boxes of Blazer 22LR for $2.99 a box. I was asked for ID at the cash register. Running's is enforcing Mass. Law in New Hampshire. I asked why and cashier told me that if I was a Mass. Resident I would have to show another card. I told her I understand that is company policy, but that law does not apply to purchases of ammo in New Hampshire.

Well, I was at Running's Hinsdale today, Bought several items including 10 boxes of Blazer 22LR for $2.99 a box. I was asked for ID at the cash register. Running's is enforcing Mass. Law in New Hampshire. I asked why and cashier told me that if I was a Mass. Resident I would have to show another card. I told her I understand that is company policy, but that law does not apply to purchases of ammo in New Hampshire.
And did you get your ammo without ID?

I smell a BOYCOTT!

And did you get your ammo without ID?
No! The cashier had already wrung it up before she asked for the ID.

I just finished sending a lengthy email to Corporate, Will see where that goes, and what the feeble excuse is. Most likely like one those two shops under one name in New Hampshire use.

Remember this is the same store that allowed Vermont State Troopers to "Unlawfully" Serve a Vermont Issued Warrant in New Hampshire

Last edited:
Well Folks, This the response I got from Runnings. I think this guy is in cover their ass mode. Of course, Who really knows what the ATF thug told them.

Of course, we all know that there is NO such requirement for ammo sales, or any other firearms related accessories.

Samuel Sprague <[email protected]

Cc:
  • Jon Kollman

Tue 7/11/2023 1:46 PM

Good afternoon Joseph,

Regarding Runnings’ ammunition sales policies at our NH locations:

Runnings’ New Hampshire and Connecticut stores fall under the oversight and jurisdiction of the Boston Office of BATFE. When we applied for these federal and state licenses, we were subject to site visits and meetings with IOI’s from the local field offices prior to any license being issued. We were instructed at these site visits that the (NH and CT) stores must ascertain the residency and eligibility of ammunition purchasers. In the case of MA residents: an FID or LTC, CT residents: an ammunition card or PTC, NY: ...

I attended these site visits personally and the message was crystal clear: This was an expectation which would be met.

Regardless the legal basis for this demand, it is difficult for any business attempting to operate in such a highly regulated environment, particularly in the age of “Zero Tolerance” inspections, to simply ignore the demands of the federal agency which regulates them. To mount a legal challenge to every interpretation of a rule would be astronomically expensive.

Perhaps this an issue on which Gun Owners’ Action League could press the Boston Office for clarity.

We are closely watching HD. 4420 with our industry partners to see how it affects our Massachusetts customers.

Thanks for taking the time to write and read my response, keep up the good fight.

Sam

Samuel Sprague
Runnings FFL Compliance Coordinator
901 North Highway 59
Marshall, MN 56258
507-532-9566 Ext 194

“If you’re working, I’m working”

Last edited:
Runnings’ New Hampshire and Connecticut stores fall under the oversight and jurisdiction of the Boston Office of BATFE. When we applied for these federal and state licenses, we were subject to site visits and meetings with IOI’s from the local field offices prior to any license being issued. We were instructed at these site visits that the (NH and CT) stores must ascertain the residency and eligibility of ammunition purchasers. In the case of MA residents: an FID or LTC, CT residents: an ammunition card or PTC, NY: ...
same as before - the only acting and enforced law in this country is what gov agencies demand it to be.

Well Folks, This the response I got from Runnings. I think this guy is in cover their ass mode. Of course, Who really knows what the ATF thug told them.

Of course, we all know that there is NO such requirement for ammo sales, or any other firearms related accessories.

Samuel Sprague <[email protected]

Cc:
  • Jon Kollman

Tue 7/11/2023 1:46 PM

Good afternoon Joseph,

Regarding Runnings’ ammunition sales policies at our NH locations:

I attended these site visits personally and the message was crystal clear: This was an expectation which would be met.

Regardless the legal basis for this demand, it is difficult for any business attempting to operate in such a highly regulated environment, particularly in the age of “Zero Tolerance” inspections, to simply ignore the demands of the federal agency which regulates them. To mount a legal challenge to every interpretation of a rule would be astronomically expensive.

Perhaps this an issue on which Gun Owners’ Action League could press the Boston Office for clarity.

We are closely watching HD. 4420 with our industry partners to see how it affects our Massachusetts customers.

Thanks for taking the time to write and read my response, keep up the good fight.

Sam

Samuel Sprague
Runnings FFL Compliance Coordinator
901 North Highway 59
Marshall, MN 56258
507-532-9566 Ext 194

“If you’re working, I’m working”

Sounds like some ATF cretin said that and nobody said. “Why would we do that when it’s not required under state or federal law?”

Sounds like some ATF cretin said that and nobody said. “Why would we do that when it’s not required under state or federal law?”
Mike, Some folks are so stupid that they believe whatever some government moron tells them. Remember this store is the one that Allowed two Vermont Troopers with a "Vermont" issued warrant for purchasing records of someone who bought magazines. Those troopers and that warrant had NO authority in the State of New Hampshire. The store manger rolled over

Back
Top Bottom