• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Running for BOD at HSC - please come out and vote.

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Hey guys,

I am running for the director's seat at HSC that is up for election this year. I am pasting in my letter for all of you to read here. It is also going to be posted on the facebook forum and I believe it gets mailed out and emailed out to members. I know a lot of our members get their info from this forum so I am just trying to reach as many members as possible.

After reading it, if you have any questions or comments please let me know and I will answer them all.

Hello fellow HSC members,

Please allow me to introduce myself to those of you who may not know me. My name is Debra Grumbach and I am running for the director’s seat that is up for election. I served our country for 8 years and earned the rank of Staff Sergeant (E-6).I have been a member of HSC just over 3 years. I am a wife, a mother and a small business owner. You may have seen me on NES as PennyPincher. My first introduction to HSC was helping my brother cook at a Cowboy Action Shooting event over 3 years ago. Some of you will recognize me from Sunday breakfasts here at the club. For about 2.5 years I helped out as a volunteer in the kitchen. This allowed me to meet many members and have a chance to hear their concerns about the club. You may have seen me shooting with my son or husband or the many friends I have introduced to shooting. Last year I became an NRA instructor so that I could help bring the shooting sports to more people, but to women in particular. I have assisted in GOAL classes and events such as the Legislators shoot and helped with Women on Target events.

Last year I considered running for a position on the board but felt my business needed more of my time and so I decided not to run. I did not want to short change my family, my business or HSC and its members because of other commitments. I am now in a position where I have more time to pursue my interests and help the club. One of my interests lies with hunting and I will be taking my hunter education class this April. I am proud to be a member and I know that our club is highly sought out as it offers a wide variety of options. I believe that our variety of opportunities is what makes this club so special! I enjoy being able to go to the class III range, look forward to using the archery lanes, and hopefully will regain my long range shooting abilities (which is the reason I originally joined). I want to try all the action sports at some point rather than just being an observer. IDPA definitely has a place in my future as personal defense is my primary focus.

In the last few years we have seen an explosion of growth in our club. I believe that left unmanaged, the growth can become a hindrance more than a help. Members have expressed to me their concerns about the amount of work it takes to keep the club running and accessible for so many members (range maintenance, amount of facilities available, availability of indoor range, etc). At the same time I have heard from newer members that they want to do more to help the club but are not aware how or when to do this. I believe it is imperative to bridge this gap. We have need for more volunteers and yet we have members who feel they have no direction as to how to help the club though they have the desire to do so.

I don’t think we can continue to do everything the way we have done it in the past. What worked when there were 600 members will not necessarily work with 1500+. I believe we need to look to the past for lessons, look forward and chart a new course, and make changes, when warranted, judiciously. I would like to create a steering committee to create a comprehensive, long range plan for the continued growth and existence of the club. Some of the items I would like to see on the table – a revision of the bylaws (under review for 3 years now), a growth management policy for membership, a global plan for additional facilities for the club (do we add more or keep things as they are), and a comprehensive communication plan including use of social media, upgrading the website, and newsletter upgrades to name a few.
I don’t have all the answers. No single member can. What I do have is the willingness to listen to members, a desire to improve the club, and the time to do it. I don’t have an agenda of things to change, and a direction for the club based on my personal interests. I believe that is for the membership to decide. It is the board’s job to facilitate those discussions and then a duty of the board to implement the changes that will most benefit the membership in a professional and thoughtful manner for the continued prosperity of the club.

I appreciate your time and hope that you will cast your vote for me for Director.

Sincerely,
Debra Grumbach

Thanks guys. I appreciate all of you.

Remember, election day is Feb 16th and you can vote from 4pm until 8pm.

I will try to make it on the election night.

Deb, you got my vote. Also, thanks for the late Breakfast (aka brunch).

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Hey, didn't know you joined, Al! Welcome!

Deb is good folks and I think she'd be a good addition to the BOD.

Thanks, Ross. Been to HSC several times as guest, so it's about time to be part of the great club. Timing/date work out so I took the plunge and sign up. [grin]

Thank you. All of you. Bring your friends. If any of you have specific questions feel free to ask here, via pm, or on facebook.

If any of you have opinions - let me know! I want to be your voice on the board.

Remember to come down to the club and vote on Thursday!!! [grin]

ANNUAL MEETING, THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 7:00 PM
PRE-MEETING DINNER
5:30 – 7:00 (Come early!)

Bummer, I'm on a business trip and won't arrived Boston till 10pm on election day.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Don't tell Clarence. He may send you crap in the mail. [wink]

I am very happy to get stuff in the mail from Clarence. And I will likely vote for the folks he supports as they tend to be very pro 2A and pro individual liberty. Something I want in BODs and executives of the club. [thumbsup]

Don't tell Clarence. He may send you crap in the mail. [wink]

Um. I've seen the letter he's sending out this year. Let's just say I disagree with it.

I am very happy to get stuff in the mail from Clarence. And I will likely vote for the folks he supports as they tend to be very pro 2A and pro individual liberty. Something I want in BODs and executives of the club. [thumbsup]

I believe Deb, Greg and Pat to be very pro-2A and pro-individual liberty as well. Or I wouldn't be voting for them.

Back
Top Bottom