• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

That was me a few years ago, when she had her press conference. I took advantage and sold all the stripped lowers that had been sitting in a bag.
In had about 12 stripped lowers back when you could get them in Littleton for $110 each. Sold a few for 2-3x profit. Kept these 6 for future needs.

Honest question - what's the point of stockpiling a bunch of stripped lowers unless you have the rest of the parts to build them? I could see having a backup lower for each complete rifle you have, but is the thinking that you can just go buy the rest of the gun later if things get really bad?
Grab miscellaneous parts here and there till you have enough parts😂

Honest question - what's the point of stockpiling a bunch of stripped lowers unless you have the rest of the parts to build them? I could see having a backup lower for each complete rifle you have, but is the thinking that you can just go buy the rest of the gun later if things get really bad?
This has always been the question I’ve had. Mainly if there was a federal AWB. Could/would online retailers still sell AR parts?
If it was just at the state level and retailers stopped shipping to MA it’s easily avoided by shipping to NH. Maybe I’m overthinking this?

This has always been the question I’ve had. Mainly if there was a federal AWB. Could/would online retailers still sell AR parts?
If it was just at the state level and retailers stopped shipping to MA it’s easily avoided by shipping to NH. Maybe I’m overthinking this?
This depends on the ban people are expecting.

If they grandfather, then you should be able to maintain what you have. So the market isn't likely to go anywhere soon.

If you're talking 100% confiscation...that's a different kettle of fish.

If they grandfather, then you should be able to maintain what you have. So the market isn't likely to go anywhere soon.

If you're talking 100% confiscation...that's a different kettle of fish.
I don’t think confiscation is coming. But as far as grandfathering, would retailers still sell/ship AR parts? What was it like during the last AWB? Granted there wasn’t an online market in the 90s like there is today.

I know, and they know that as well which is why they do it but we simply must continue to do whatever we can.
I'm very down on G.O.A.L. and their ongoing frugality campaign, so I'm going to wait and see who takes the next big fight to Maura and put my limited money where it will do the most good. If it's G.O.A.L., that's great. If it's another organization, then they get the money. I want to fight hard and reward success, not merely reward frugality. :(

And I'm guessing being in MA adds a layer of complexity when it comes to grandfathering, assuming you haven't efa-10ed the stripped lower.

I'm very down on G.O.A.L. and their ongoing frugality campaign, so I'm going to wait and see who takes the next big fight to Maura and put my limited money where it will do the most good. If it's G.O.A.L., that's great. If it's another organization, then they get the money. I want to fight hard and reward success, not merely reward frugality. :(
Are they frugal or simply on a tight budget?

How could there be? There is no law against it
Are you forgetting "Maura's Law"? Whatever she says is "LAW"![rofl]
I'm sure she's looking in to it to see if she has the ability to do it. Her last press conference put an end to it for a short time - even with dealers who know the law.

If she thinks she can win, then she'll do it, but while we may not like her, she's not dumb. So if she doesn't have a clear cut way to outright ban them, then she'll just continue with trying to scare people.
And in spite of the Mill, that has been very effective with 99% of the other FFLs in the state and probably 80% of the LTC-holders in MA.

I don't think any of these politicians realize how many AR15s are in circulation in this country (like, tens of MILLIONS). Parts are everywhere. Every store in this country sells them like hotcakes. Even people that don't know anything about guns has them in their cupboard. It's beyond a "common use" gun at this point. It's like banning cars. Completely unfeasible. These democrat politicians are seriously retarded.

That was me a few years ago, when she had her press conference. I took advantage and sold all the stripped lowers that had been sitting in a bag.
I get having modern sporting rifles (LOL) in different configurations plus having spare completed rifles and spare parts including lowers. I try to resist the fear driven stockpiling. How many is enough but not too many? The number I have is exactly 'fear driven stockpiling level' minus one. [rofl]

One scenario that concerns me is if she tries to out-do Newsome. However, she may need to temper some of that anti-2A activist pandering to avoid alienating the less populated but larger geography of the state. Who knows, maybe she won't give any F's and will go F-R on gun control.

Everybody is on a tight budget in the Age of Biden, especially yours truly. Hence my new mantra: Reward the fighters. Reward results. Reward success. To Hell with those sitting on their hands and watching others fight. I'm too old to wait for the frugal ones to act. I'll be dead before I see any results of that (latter) approach. :(

I don’t think confiscation is coming. But as far as grandfathering, would retailers still sell/ship AR parts? What was it like during the last AWB? Granted there wasn’t an online market in the 90s like there is today.
I wasn't into guns at the time, but the number of compliant firearms that were built back then makes me think the AWB all but invented the market for the AR platform. As long as we're allowed to own them, I don't see that market going away.

And I'm guessing being in MA adds a layer of complexity when it comes to grandfathering, assuming you haven't efa-10ed the stripped lower.
Maybe? At some point, we all start talking Jack's advice ... "what lower?"

He wants them to spend money they don't have on things they don't do, pursuing ineffective ends.

Meet da Gubnahs new cabinet ma**h***s😂

View attachment 701319
more like this

iu

Everybody is on a tight budget in the Age of Biden, especially yours truly. Hence my new mantra: Reward the fighters. Reward results. Reward success. To Hell with those sitting on their hands and watching others fight. I'm too old to wait for the frugal ones to act. I'll be dead before I see any results of that (latter) approach. :(
Don’t forget your already making an automatic donation to maura every time you buy something in MA and another one is automatically taken out of every paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom