• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rumor or Inevitable? Healey Executive Order to eliminate the sale/transfer of AR Lowers.

She’s a savage tyrant filled with loathing for people like us, don’t kid yourself, she is a true believer and wants us subjugated and groveling.
I'm not so sure, remember Maura was a super jock and played basketball at Harvard and professionally in Austria so she's not some snowflake Leftist. Maura played with the big boys and learned so I really don't think she hates us like her Leftist buddies do. As mentioned here I think she really hates the fossil fuel companies much more than us. She's a jock and a lawyer at heart, not a whining little Leftist and much smarter. We will soon see.

That said, I'm still betting on some sort of quickie anti-gun/anti-dealer "EO" in the first days of her administration. I'd be shocked if she doesn't take the opportunity of her inauguration to give us the finger in some immediate anti-2A respect.
Not sure why she would bother waiting until now to do something like that it carries exactly the same lack of weight that it would wether AG or governor. It's also going to get ignored exactly the same way unless she actually starts arresting people somehow based off of a fake law but that will be fun..... 🤣 I realize that she's an activist but I don't think she's dumb enough to give somebody a "case of depleted uranium silver bullets" worth of standing in a 2A case that can be more quickly escalated versus her term in office.

Not sure why she would bother waiting until now to do something like that it carries exactly the same lack of weight that it would whether AG or governor. It's also going to get ignored exactly the same way unless she actually starts arresting people somehow based off of a fake law but that will be fun..... 🤣 I realize that she's an activist but I don't think she's dumb enough to give somebody a "case of depleted uranium silver bullets" worth of standing in a 2A case that can be more quickly escalated versus her term in office.
I'm betting on something of a celebratory repeat performance to her infamous instant "reimagining" of the MA AWB back in 2016. That no-warning "surprise attack" aspect of her personality could come through again on or right after inauguration day. I even think I know what this one is going to be about (if it happens).

I could be wrong, of course. It does sort of conflict with my other prediction that she will let the legislature do the bulk work of putting the big hurt on us.

I guess we will know very soon now. :(

From this bozo's website:
  • Enhance prosecution of those who build and use ghost guns, which are weapons typically built by individuals rather than manufacturers, that have no serial numbers and are not traceable:
    • Issue an enforcement policy that expands on a new federal rule restricting the sale of ghost guns in order to make clear that gun dealers in violation of the rule risk forfeiting their license.
    • Use existing unfair trade practice law to go after illegal internet sales of ghost gun blanks and 3-D printed weapons.
    • Encourage those who already own ghost guns to turn them in without penalty
Privately manufactured firearms don't require serialization.
Love the term "ghost gun blank" - no realistic way to legally define one so everyone with a 3d printer will be in violation.
Not sure what they mean by without penalty - you'd be down one gun in the safe and out the money it is worth. That's a penalty right there.
  • Address gun hoarding in Massachusetts:
    • Facilitate sharing of information about gun hoarding with local authorities with jurisdiction and power to see how and where such guns are stored. <<< "KNOCK, KNOCK show me yr guns."
    • Investigate gun dealers who appear to be selling guns indiscriminately.
    • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature on measures designed to limit gun and ammunition hoarding, including limits on annual and lifetime gun purchases. <<< Can they work with the legislature to limit my wife's "shoe hording" problem too.
I guess I'm hoarding tools also - no one needs two sets of wrenches.

• Bolster gun safety training requirements:
    • Work with state police on an enhanced gun safety curriculum for new gun owners, focusing on safe handling, safe storage, and the risks of unsecured guns.
    • Advocate to the Massachusetts Legislature to require regular range certification, safety, training and a written safety test as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun license.
Go for it - would love to see this get to SCOTUS. Hopefully every club would give a big FU and not allow any of the compliance shit to happen on their property. Make the state open enough ranges to meet the need.
    • Prosecute gun owners whose reckless conduct leads to unintended gun violence through theft and unauthorized use. <<< apparently all death/injury is now "gun violence"
    • Hold gun sellers accountable if they sell a gun without safety features, particularly when such guns are sold to new and untrained gun owners. <<< MORE SAFETY FEATURRRRREEESSSSSSSS!!!!
Since you can't sell to someone without an LTC and you have to have a state mandated curriculum to get the LTC this assertion is complete BS.

Rock the boat Mass - Your house of cards will be coming down

I'm betting on something of a celebratory repeat performance to her infamous instant "reimagining" of the MA AWB back in 2016. That no-warning "surprise attack" aspect of her personality could come through again on or right after inauguration day.

That didn't come from out of nowhere. It was calculated to get her a cabinet post.

It's not an "aspect of her personality." When she has something to gain, she tries to gain it. When she doesn't, she lays low.

That didn't come from out of nowhere. It was calculated to get her a cabinet post.

It's not an "aspect of her personality." When she has something to gain, she tries to gain it. When she doesn't, she lays low.
You are correct, after Sotomayer just slapped down NY's new "law" she's sees the writing on the wall. When one of her idol's signals she will uphold Bruen Maura, unlike Hochul and Murphy, takes notice.

Au contraire. I'm sensing a lot of optimism here today that Maura may decide to leave us alone. :oops:

Whether or not that optimism also applies to Andrea and the MA Legislature is another matter. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't call it optimism so much as a lack of alarmism by a lot of us. If you live in MA nothing is optimistic lmao.

While on the subject of Maura looks like her and the cronies are getting a very nice 20% increase in pay [puke]

For incoming Gov.-elect Maura Healey, the raise means she will make $37,185 above Baker’s current $185,000 salary. In addition to the $222,185 salary, Healey is set to receive the governor’s standard $65,000 housing allowance for a total compensation of $287,185 in 2023.

Something about the gender pay gap?

While on the subject of Maura looks like her and the cronies are getting a very nice 20% increase in pay [puke]

For incoming Gov.-elect Maura Healey, the raise means she will make $37,185 above Baker’s current $185,000 salary. In addition to the $222,185 salary, Healey is set to receive the governor’s standard $65,000 housing allowance for a total compensation of $287,185 in 2023.

That compensation package is crazy. What a waste of tax payer money.

$65K hosting allowance?

Wtf is that sh*t? ... is that for the gov to rent a house?
Is that for staff or re-decoration?

$65K hosting allowance?

Wtf is that sh*t? ... is that for the gov to rent a house?
Is that for staff or re-decoration?

I don't know the particulars, but the original logic worked something like this:

Let's say the Comptroller or the Lt Governor or one of those other goofballs lives in somewhere like Pittsfield. Clearly they can't do their job from Pittsfield, so getting elected means making them commute like six hours there and back every day. So it makes more sense to authorize a housing allowance so that they can rent a place in the city or close by.

That's the theory, anyway. In reality, most of these people live in EMass anyway, so they shouldn't be drawing that allowance.

I don't know the particulars, but the original logic worked something like this:

Let's say the Comptroller or the Lt Governor or one of those other goofballs lives in somewhere like Pittsfield. Clearly they can't do their job from Pittsfield, so getting elected means making them commute like six hours there and back every day. So it makes more sense to authorize a housing allowance so that they can rent a place in the city or close by.

That's the theory, anyway. In reality, most of these people live in EMass anyway, so they shouldn't be drawing that allowance.
That makes sense.

Would make more sense if MA gave the governor a house they use while in office. But this is MA, can't scam the housing allowance if they do that.

What part of swearing to uphold the constitution part did she fail to commit to? Was there an asterisk in her swearing in (as AG and soon Governor)?
It's only the parts they agree with. The oath they take is just words to them just, part of the process.

That makes sense.

Would make more sense if MA gave the governor a house they use while in office. But this is MA, can't scam the housing allowance if they do that.

TPTB have been trying to get a Governors' Mansion since they tried to buy John Hancock's old place in the 19th century. There've been at least five or six places since then, but all of them were either too expensive to buy or would have needed too much to bring them up to snuff.

The only recent governor I can remember who didn't live in EMass was Swifty, and I think she commuted every day from Central Mass somewhere. I'm sure she got reimbursed for mileage.

TPTB have been trying to get a Governors' Mansion since they tried to buy John Hancock's old place in the 19th century. There've been at least five or six places since then, but all of them were either too expensive to buy or would have needed too much to bring them up to snuff.

The only recent governor I can remember who didn't live in EMass was Swifty, and I think she commuted every day from Central Mass somewhere. I'm sure she got reimbursed for mileage.
A $1M house. Done.

But this is MA, fheu are probably looking at $10M+ homes that someone connected to gov owns.

Yep, I remember Swift getting in trouble for taking a state police helicopter home for thanksgiving one year.

A $1M house. Done.

But this is MA, fheu are probably looking at $10M+ homes that someone connected to gov owns.

Well, it has to be Fitting For The Dignity Of The Office Of Governor though.

That means a historic property, in this burg. And a nice one, too.

Back
Top Bottom