Ruger's Switcheroo - Buckaroo

Not sure if this is a joke.

http://www.realguns.com/articles/785.htm

It would appear that 2016 is unfolding as a year of innovation. Take, for example, Ruger's new Switcheroo - Buckaroo, or the "Swuck" as it is already popularly called. The Swuck is the first Roto-Barrel, Dual Caliber, Multi Engagement Revolver to hit the market. Primarily a hunting revolver, the Swuck's cylinder can hold a combination of three 357 Magnum and three 22 LR rimfire cartridges which allows the hunter to switch between a round suitable for hogs and deer to one more suitable for harvesting small game for the stew pot.

rugerswitcheroo.jpg

opencylinderbuckaroo.jpg

Below, the barrel latch is depressed to free the barrels for rotation. During testing, recoil had no ill effect on the latching system, the barrels locked tight and stayed put. The firing pin selector bushing didn't show any signs of wear, but then the bushing is machined from molecularly heat soaked 4011 Rearden Metal. As noted in the spec box, the cylinder is made of Osmium Plus. the frame and barrel are made from long wearing, corrosion resistant, New Balance Magdalunium.

[rofl]

Reminds me of....

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was real, imagine losing count of how many 22 you shot off and then letting a .357 go without rotating the barrel.

Over the chronograph, all factory ammo achieved 50% greater velocity than rated, thanks to another newly introduced Ruger feature, Bore Self-Actualization. The rifling is a regressive R+ type, with planner flats and radial scrugs.

I totally believe this bit, though. Science.

not sure if i ever hunted or wanted to hunt squirrel and deer at the same time (had a few barkers that I wanted to vaporize with a slug from time to time though). especially with a 4" barrel. I wonder how point of aim is affected between calibers. Seriously, is this the answer to a question that was never asked?

Back
Top Bottom