• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Wrangler

basscatfrank

NES Member
I posted this info in another thread but I thought I'd put it out here for wider dissemination. KTP has the Wrangler on sale for $169. All three color options are in stock. (I picked up a bronze one for myself.) The sale price is only good until 2/26.

What state do you live in? No good for us MA dwellers unless we use the gun show loophole.
I posted this info in another thread but I thought I'd put it out here for wider dissemination. KTP has the Wrangler on sale for $169. All three color options are in stock. (I picked up a bronze one for myself.) The sale price is only good until 2/26.
If you live in Maine that's great. If you don't......paying for the transfer to a local ffl will probably negate the savings and you'd be better off buying it at a local shop anyway and save the gas.

You can buy it there as a NH resident as well.
Using their NH FFL right?

Don't get me wrong ....I'm not bashing ktp. I've bought a ton of long guns there over the years as those are cash and carry. Just need to take into account that an out of stater like a mass resident will have to pay for a transfer for a handgun and that adds to the cost.

It's legally a NH sale, so you should be good. That's the point of the NH FFL, no?

I thought the point of KTP's NH FFL was as a convenience to NH residents, so they can purchase and take home a handgun the same day, rather than having it shipped to an FFL in NH, waiting a few days for delivery, and paying a transfer fee. I didn't know it was intended as a way to beat Maines sales tax, that's why I asked the question.

It's legally a NH sale, so you should be good. That's the point of the NH FFL, no?
I'll add.....my last two gun purchases at ktp were long guns and I could take posession at the store in Maine but......they offered to give me back the Maine sales tax in the form of store credit gift card rather than go to the NH FFL to save the tax.

Previously as a mass resident with a long gun purchase they would bring the gun to the NH FFL in order to save me the sales tax. Seems they are now saving the NH FFL service for handgun purchases only and offering store credit on long guns to save the sales tax.

I thought the point of KTP's NH FFL was as a convenience to NH residents, so they can purchase and take home a handgun the same day, rather than having it shipped to an FFL in NH, waiting a few days for delivery, and paying a transfer fee. I didn't know it was intended as a way to beat Maines sales tax, that's why I asked the question.
They used to even take long guns to the FFL in NH to save out of state residents the tax. Now they are offering store credit equal to the amount of the sales tax on long gun purchases. They did that for me in sep 2019 and again recently back in Jan.

Either way, that's pretty cheap for a fun little six-shooter...

Back
Top Bottom