Ruger SR9c Purchase

[rofl]

Yeah the SR9c functions almost perfect, affordable, machined well, and is classy as ****.

Reading this thread I'm starting to wonder if I should find one of these instead of a shield... you guys are talking abt it like it's a gorgeous 1911 [what?]

A Shield? Compared to the SR9c? Yeah...

Have you seen one in person? Handled one? Shot one? It's a no brainer compared to the M&P series IMHO. Best OOB trigger I've felt so far.

if you said to me "hey Dom, I'm thinking of a Shield or an SR9C. How do they compare?"

my answer would be: "they don't...you dont have to dump 100 bucks into the ruger for a good trigger, its over a hundred dollars cheaper, comes in two tone for no extra cake and is way sexier than that blocky turd"

Also, find me a SR9c thread on any forum where a problem is consistent. Ruger knows how to make a reliable firearm for sure. Minus the SR556. [laugh]

And Ruger customer service is unbelievably good.

if you said to me "hey Dom, I'm thinking of a Shield or an SR9C. How do they compare?"

my answer would be: "they don't...you dont have to dump 100 bucks into the ruger for a good trigger, its over a hundred dollars cheaper, comes in two tone for no extra cake and is way sexier than that blocky turd"

[rofl] gotcha! I'll start looking for a 2-tone one, everything I own is black on black on black lol

I know Dom, you're offended I like Glocks + Springfields etc. I won't hold it against you. But yeah Sam definitely check out the SR9c. There's a reason surrounding the hype here.

I know Dom, you're offended I like Glocks + Springfields etc. I won't hold it against you. But yeah Sam definitely check out the SR9c. There's a reason surrounding the hype here

I meant the dirty stuff [laugh] i like glocks, i just dont currently own any...as far as your springfields go, they are made in a sweaty little anus of a country and is the only poly gun with a grip safety...why dont we have a limp wrist smiley for that? [rofl]

If I could find another sr9c I'd buy it. And I'd buy a sr40c. And when and if the time comes sr45. Can't wait to shoot those loads[facepalm] that don't sound to good b

I was at Bobs yesterday and brought my SR22 and SR9C, my father inlaw brought his shield, M&P 45 and a colt 380. I shot all but the 380. I didnt like the shield at all, the 45 was a tad big especially the Grip but goes Bang big time. My SR9c and SR22 worked 110%. LOVE the trigger and tight grouping. I was going to get a shield 9mm next but after last night i will not be making this purchase. What 9 is next????

...I have traded one gun but I marinated on it for a long time...

image.jpg

Marinating takes time. [smile]

if you really really want a mosquito and theres nothing wrong with that, prepare to do some polishing and use light lubricant. any friction bearing surface should get a mild polish, the most significant improvement I made to mine was polishing the hammer where it meets the slide and the underside of the slide. also did a minor chamber polish job and feed ramp polish.

on edit: my mosquito runs everything except winchester dynapoints with ease now. just does not like em, dont know why! i use all kinds of rem, blazer, federal, cci, aguila etc with great success.

Last edited:
if you really really want a mosquito and theres nothing wrong with that, prepare to do some polishing and use light lubricant. any friction bearing surface should get a mild polish, the most significant improvement I made to mine was polishing the hammer where it meets the slide and the underside of the slide. also did a minor chamber polish job and feed ramp polish.

This.

Back
Top Bottom