• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR22pb makes compliant list

Carl sent an email today it says 319.99 for credit, -2% for cash / debit preorders being taken until he gets them in.

Carl sent an email today it says 319.99 for credit, -2% for cash / debit preorders being taken until he gets them in.

Yep, I got that same email, and plan to bring it with me next week just in case my local GS tries to mark it up too much. I don't mind if it's a few bucks more being local, but if it's a scalping, I will just pass on it, and either wait for them to be more commonly available, or just make the drive out to 4 seasons.

Yep, I got that same email, and plan to bring it with me next week just in case my local GS tries to mark it up too much. I don't mind if it's a few bucks more being local, but if it's a scalping, I will just pass on it, and either wait for them to be more commonly available, or just make the drive out to 4 seasons.

Where abouts are you?

As for stores, Carl usually buys volume so he can sell them for less. A store that buys 5 at a time isn't scalping, they are just marking up the product as they should.
I would go to 4seasons if they had the sr22 and nobody else did too.

Where abouts are you?

As for stores, Carl usually buys volume so he can sell them for less. A store that buys 5 at a time isn't scalping, they are just marking up the product as they should.
I would go to 4seasons if they had the sr22 and nobody else did too.

I answered that in another thread, but I am on the CT border of Western, MA. I am treated very fairly by my local shop, and understand the economy of scale with regard to pricing. I am just saying that if for example, they tried to charge me $399, or something, then it would be economically feasible to make a little road trip to 4 Seasons (for example).

When you preorder something at FS (or any other gun shop for that matter) do you have to pay it in full or just throw a little money down until you actually go in and get it? I know this may be a dumb question but I just got my LTC yesterday and I'm going to make my first purchase tomorrow so this is all still a little bit new to me, haha. I plan on spending a good amount in there tomorrow but I don’t think I'll be able to splurge AND pre order the sr22 for the full price. Thanks!

SIG1735 said:
When you preorder something at FS (or any other gun shop for that matter) do you have to pay it in full or just throw a little money down until you actually go in and get it? I know this may be a dumb question but I just got my LTC yesterday and I'm going to make my first purchase tomorrow so this is all still a little bit new to me, haha. I plan on spending a good amount in there tomorrow but I don’t think I'll be able to splurge AND pre order the sr22 for the full price. Thanks!

This is a question for FS. Why not pick up the phone and call FS.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

This is a question for FS. Why not pick up the phone and call FS.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

Good point! I’m not in any hurry so I'll just wait until I go in tomorrow; I guess I'm mainly just asking for general information on how that stuff normally works.

No, call them and ask to be put on their waiting list. No need to put any money down in case you change your mind. I already called today and asked to be put on the list for the SR22, and he said "Ok, you're all set. We will call you when it comes in." Simple as that.

other stores may be different. They order so many though, even if you decided not to get it when they call you, I am sure they don't care. They just call the next guy and move on.

I hope you guys get it in MA soon. Personally, I really like it. Handles very well, and seems to cycle everything I put through it without issue. Have about 1500 rounds through mine, and I got it about 3 weeks ago or so. Sights were WAY OFF out of the box, barely making large paper at 15 yards. Adjusted and has kept accurate since sighting in. Nice little .22 semi-auto, and will be used to teach "the children" how to handle, operate, and fire a handgun.

I went to the range and the sr22 worked great. Not only is it a neat little gun, I shot it better than any other gun I have. I used it right out of the box and used CCI standard and then federal 40gr
The federal seamed to be quite a bit more accurate but I did use those second . Maybe the gun needs a break in???..I bought a sig misquito and pretty much sold it right away due to issues with it. I like this as much as the sig and this shoots without issues and is more accurate. It a keeper IMO. I'll try more different ammo when I get a chance to pick some up.

Hunters trading in Weymouth is out of stock already but has orders for more as M&Jguns in Rockland. M&J seamed to think they could get some soon while Hunters said Delivery date is out there.
Hunters said with a deposit a name can be on a list while I didn't think to ask M&J while I was there. Both M&J and Hunters had no Ruger MK111 in stock. But I think I know where one is in a almost private shop if you really need one.

Last edited:
My mother got my wife the SR22 for Mother's Day (Guns and Gear in Agawam got a bunch in this week), so it was off to the range after brunch.

Great gun, lots of fun. Might even have to get one of my own so I don't have to ask to shoot it [grin]
photo(11).jpg NCG SR22 target.jpg

Attachments

• photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 26
Just ordered a Ruger sr22 today. I was convinced that I wanted the Walther p22, and after buying the pk380 I immediately changed my mind about Walther products. Sorry, but if you put your Brand reputation on a product regardless of price tier, you better put out a high quality product. Walther seriously missed the mark with the pk380. Also suffering from the pk380 purchase is S&W. Their name is stamped on it as well.

Ruger is a solid American made product. They are a quality manufacturer and I would expect nothing less with the sr22.
Can't wait for it to arrive!

Got mine over the weekend. Haven't shot it yet, but as far as workmanship is concerned, it (outwardly) seems better than my Walther P22. I like the aluminum slide. Feels much more substantial than the Zamak one used by Walther. Hopefully this gun will stand up to the pounding, although I don't expect it to last was well as my MKIIs. Can't wait to do some side-by-side shooting with these guns this weekend.

Yup she is [grin]

I figured that it was you. She was just telling me about the cool Mother's Day gift she got for her daughter-in-law when I was talking to her yesterday about my SR22. You have a really cool mom![wink] I actually think I met you last week, if it was you that was running the wires across the ceiling.

Yup that was me running around crazy trying to get the wires run. Thanks for the kind words about my Mom, I'm rather fond of her :)

Yup that was me running around crazy trying to get the wires run. Thanks for the kind words about my Mom, I'm rather fond of her :)

Just got back from seeing her a few minutes ago as a matter of fact. I went to snag one of those SR22s before they are all gone! I mentioned to her that I was chatting with you on this thread.[wink] Love dealing her, and that shop - her and Chris are good people!

Can't wait to try one of these out.... Also, +1 on the Guns And Gear love, great shop, and great people.. Picked up my AR from them.

Picked up mine today at Four Seasons and headed straight for the range. What a great gun!
Lots of fun to shoot and little sight adjustment out of the box. Would highly recommend and hurry while they still have some as they are selling like hot cakes

i bought my second one at four season today around 10:30 and i had one person on each side of me buying the sr 22, i wonder if you were one of them?

Picked up mine today at Four Seasons and headed straight for the range. What a great gun!
Lots of fun to shoot and little sight adjustment out of the box. Would highly recommend and hurry while they still have some as they are selling like hot cakes

Back
Top Bottom