• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR22pb makes compliant list

According to Ruger's website it isn't "approved and certified" yet.

That is why I wrote about the updated ,current Ma compliant firearms roster. I have no idea how often Ruger updates their site . I ran into the same issues with Sig. I knew more than their sales people on a item they listed as none compliant even though they were for sale all around Ma in stores.

According to a AG conversation, they said ,it is up to the store to determine whether it meets the AG criteria.

AG conversation? Do tell. Or rather, is this the same non answer they give out all the time... [rofl]

Yes it is up to the shop, but most of them rely on their distributors to flag for compliance or not.

-Mike

How is that possible? Doesn't make any sense.

It does make sense because there is no edict from the state or the AGs office on CMR940. This means that vendors (and by extension) distributors and gunshops, basically have to operate in the blind.

Nominally a company like Ruger drafts a compliance letter that they send to the AG saying "We have a handgun XYZ that passed EOPS testing and is on the roster and we believe it to be CMR940 compliant, blah blah blah. " They don't get a response, and the handguns start getting sold.

-Mike

gunbroker? It needs to be the pb version SR22pb. Which is the latest version as best I can tell. I'd go buy one right now if there was one for sale at a store.

It does make sense because there is no edict from the state or the AGs office on CMR940. This means that vendors (and by extension) distributors and gunshops, basically have to operate in the blind.

Nominally a company like Ruger drafts a compliance letter that they send to the AG saying "We have a handgun XYZ that passed EOPS testing and is on the roster and we believe it to be CMR940 compliant, blah blah blah. " They don't get a response, and the handguns start getting sold.

-Mike

thank you for reiterating my post. I thought there was a dup thing around here[rofl]

I want to get one as soon I've got the cash, can someone quickly explain the difference if any between the SR22 and the SR22PB ??

Last edited:
I want to get one as soon I've got the cash, can someone quickly explain the difference if any between the SR22 and the SR22PB ??

I'd like to know that myself. Other than it really doesn't matter. It is the only sr22 listed on Ruger website . I am guessing all the others are now discontinued models.

I'd like to know that myself. Other than it really doesn't matter. It is the only sr22 listed on Ruger website . I am guessing all the others are now discontinued models.

It looks like it might stand for "Polymer, Black" since they list it as black polymer. Does this mean they're coming out with olive drab to compete with the P22? Hmm...

ETA: Just a guess.

I have one. I purchased it last Saturday morning. Came with two mags, two different grips, lock and a somewhat crappy trigger. Ran about 100 rounds through it on Sunday. Good size for my grandsons to shoot -- bought it "for the children."

Where did you get it, and how much was it (if you don't mind)?

I'm going to Four Seasons tomorrow, I'll see what I can find out & report back

See you soon & until then; keep it pointed down range

They guy I spoke to today (at Four Seasons) said they hope next week and didn't know the price point yet.

I have my local FFL calling around and I'm on the list for 1 as soon as they can get one.

edit: actually I just got the call that they should have it on Tuesday for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom