• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger SR1911

FJM25

NES Member
I was talking to the people at Four Seasons in Woburn this week about that the new Ruger 1911 - they mentioned that it should be available within 6 months - priced mid $600. Has anyone been able to confirm with Ruger or anyone that the SR1911 will be Mass compliant and on store shelves by year's end?

Thank you,

FJM25

I asked around NES as well. The vibe I got was it will not be MA compliant anytime soon. I called Ruger myself. The guy I spoke with could not confirm or deny weather it was going to be MA complaint. He did say he knew for a fact that it is NOT CA compliant. With all that said, if anybody can pull if off it's FS. Let's keep our fingers crossed. It's also rumored that they will being coming out w/an Officer's version.

Last edited:
I posted in an earlier thread that when I spoke to Ruger sales at the NRA Meeting in Pittsburgh, the guy said that Ruger had already submitted the 1911 models for testing to some testing place in CA (that was before the end of April). What he didn't know was how long the testing would take and how long before they would get MA approval, but on the bright side they are planning MA compliant 1911s.

It seems depending on who you talk to at ruger, the answer changes. Some say yes some say no. it really looks like more of a wait and see

Sent from my LG G2X

I would have no doubt that it will become mass compliant, but I honestly wonder why so many seem to care so much that it does? Its probably just me, but its a 1911 with a ruger label..... so? Its price seems uninteresting to me. For under $500 you can get the Auto Ordnance, for under $600 you can get the Remington, for under $700 you have the Sig and for under $800 you have the new E-series S&W. Theres nothing ever wrong or bad about having choices, Im just not seeing what Ruger is doing to make people so excited about yet another 1911 ( but thats just me )

Well for me, I dont want to purchase a firearm made in the philippines. Made in the USA is a factor. That and I'm already a fan of ruger. I already own several ruger firearms and would love to add a 1911 to my collection. Great service and I feel a great product. the price point is right.

Theres a lot of reasons for me. I'm sure some have the same reasons, and others with different reasons.

Sent from my LG G2X

How sad is it to wish for "compliance" this state is beyond lost I hope they do this with cars as well and the entire state can drive around in the same five lame overpriced models!!

I am not married to Ruger (or for that matter, anyone), but I may be wrong but it doesn't seem to be that many 1911s are legally available to buy in MA, so one coming hopefully soon would be good. Anybody have a list of available 1911s in MA. I would love to see it because I am looking to buy one. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom