Ruger Scout Rifle with 18" barrel

Good luck finding one. All the shops I called haven't seen any available from distributors for a long time. Not many on the used market.

KTP might have one.

I have seen the 16.5" version in Four Seasons and North Shore has a lefty 16.5" in stock as of yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think it was $750, which was the same at Four Season's, I think that was normal pricing!

That was around the normal price range prior to this Newtown madness. I have passed up 2 different opportunities so far to buy one when my lgs had them in stock. They are a really nice rifle aesthetically (inmo), and seemed fairly well built, but I passed because it seemed a bit on the high side for a bolt gun that was not designed specifically for accuracy. I have also read several mixed reviews on them, so consequently I still don't own one. For the same price range (pre-retard pricing) it just seemed to me that for the same price point I could buy a decent AR, or AK and have more of a flexible platform, but I guess it depends on the intended use. Personally, I felt that I could buy a basic Rem 700, then trick it out with a decent stock, and have a more accurate gun for distance work. For CQB, I would still take a semi-auto with high cap mag any day of the week.

A friend has one. After shooting it a few times over a few weeks i want one. But it is sort of an answer to a question I didn't ask. I am a semi auto guy.

I also picked one up a few weeks back and it's my new favorite rifle. Shows promise in the accuracy department and I have read that the GSR does really well with heavier bullets. I'm going to try 168 SMK's as I have heard of good results with them.

Back
Top Bottom