Ruger revolvers superior to S&W, photographic proof

Look at this picture. Look at the thick, juicy Ruger, complete with bun, condiments, and even grapes, plus a milkshake. S&W cannot compete with that. They even admit to being tough and lean. I just had breakfast, but I want a Rugerwich right now! [smile]

IMG_1142.JPG

Nice add by S&W.

Unfortunately, their quality control appear to be performed by cross eyed drunks and their customer service makes the DMV look good.

Never been a fan of negative ads. Besides, I just tried my Ruger for lunch and it just doesn't taste good. Must need moar ketchup...

Nice add by S&W.

Unfortunately, their quality control appear to be performed by cross eyed drunks and their customer service makes the DMV look good.

Every once in awhile I see an S&W revolver that looks like it was made by Taurus.

-Mike

I remember those ad's. There was a Ruger one, this is to counter that.

I think this is it

fdd94a2493979e8a6b95c982f3d01f6e.jpg

Every once in awhile I see an S&W revolver that looks like it was made by Taurus.

-Mike

My Taurus 66 was actually pretty nice. Much nicer than my Bodyguard.

I loved my Smiths that had the firing pin on the hammer, and still have one Model 15-3 left. Not a big fan of anything newer.

Hmmm.. IIRC there are reloading manuals that define some hotter loads as "For Ruger Revolvers Only".. Clearly the authors never saw that advertisement.

Hmmm.. IIRC there are reloading manuals that define some hotter loads as "For Ruger Revolvers Only".. Clearly the authors never saw that advertisement.

It's to keep people from running modern .45 Colt loads in old SAA revolvers. The S&W N frames are every bit as strong as a Ruger.

It's to keep people from running modern .45 Colt loads in old SAA revolvers. The S&W N frames are every bit as strong as a Ruger.

What about vs an L frame? (eg, 686?) Is something like a 627 beefier than a 686? EG, is it safe to use 180gr, GP100 horse-c*** bowling pin loads in a 627?

-Mike

Ruger = Brick with a grip attached. Not to mention ugly as hell. I'll stick with S&W all day every day. Well, except for the Alaskan. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometime.

Paint me in with Rockrivr1. Never met a Ruger revolver I liked. Their SA's are nice to goof off with. But their "regular" revolvers I never had much use for. And I never bought a S&W that wasn't well finished. (But got 2 out of 2 bad Taurii.)

Never been a fan of negative ads. Besides, I just tried my Ruger for lunch and it just doesn't taste good. Must need moar ketchup...

I can't say I was ever swayed by negative ads, but I miss the old ad-wars that seem to have died in the mid-90s.

These days it seems like everything is just a spoke in the wheel of some conglomerate, and the pride isn't there so much as rabid fandom or utter disinterest? Plus you can't say anything without being sued, it seems... I will never forget the 7up "Uncola Nut" commercials, and the response ad from Coke where the 7up spokesman guy was eaten by Jaws after he explained how much better Coke was! Those little feuds had some flavor to them.

The thread I got the pic from was a 10 megaton flame war, started by almost that exact comment. [laugh]. Strangely, not a single poster on either side brought up metallurgy or mechanical engineering.

But.. some can be funny as all get out... Who remembers two local large and very popular dairy's hitting each other below the belt?

Fish-milk anyone?

wait, aren't S&W the azzholes who STOPPED forging their barrels recently?

That's an old ad, dude.... its printed in a 70s/80s typeface... kinda like this...

5091683648_f4c0ab4ba9_b.jpg"

Thats not because one is stronger than the other, it's because Ruger has a longer cylinder which can accept some of these super heavy cast loads with a longer OAL. They would stick out of the S&W cylinder and lock up the gun

I've got a bunch of both, and I've found something to love about all of them. Can't we all just get along?

Disclaimer: all my Smiths date from 1985 or earlier.

Back
Top Bottom