• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ruger releases ranch in 7.62x39

Looks nice. My heart is still set on the CZ 527 though. Some day.

The Zastava mini mauser? I've seen a few on gunbroker and I think for the extra 150-ish the Ruger will cost, it's worth it. I can't say Zastava's are accurate, but we know Ruger American's are.

Had a CZ 527. Plan on using brass cased ammo if you get one. Steel cased does not feed well; unless the extractor catches it, you can't get the extractor over it, and it won't feed. Looked at the Zastavas, too. Hard to find, and not rated well, so went with the CZ. Got rid of that, and managed to find a Ruger M77 in 7.62x39. Loved it, but needed funds for an emergency. Maybe the American would serve you well.

I own a Ruger Mini 30 that Bill Clinton sold me and I have to say I like it just fine. Never experienced any light primer strikes and feed it just about anything. Over the years I have upgraded the sights, installed a Hogue stock and find that it shoots well for a carbine. PPU 7.62 X 39 is brass cased and reasonably priced if bought in bulk. The Ruger American Rifle was built to a price point and that can be attractive to people.

Back
Top Bottom