• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Releases M-LOK PC Carbine in 9mm + 40 S&W Models

No keymod, no care.

M-Lok has proven to be more resilient. If you started with keymod and all your accessories are keymod, I get it. But otherwise, m lok is objectively better* and will likely phase out keymod.

*not better enough to switch, but definitely if one is just getting into them

If we look at the recently released Ruger LCRx .357 with 3" barrel, I think that gives a hint of Ruger's timeframe for releasing new models of the PCC. People have been talking about a lightweight full power kit gun with a shootable barrel length since the LCR revolvers first got going. I have seen threads on several other forums about the desire for this exact model. Yet it has actually taken how many years?

I am not sure if Ruger development is just slow, or they are just being careful not to release new models until the market for the existing versions is saturated. But either way, the effect is the same. I still think that eventually there will be a wide variety of PCC models, but I expect it to take a long time. In addition to new calibers, I am expecting lightweight versions with an aluminum shrouded barrel, and a Charger pistol style version. But I am not expecting any of these very soon.

I am also optimistic that the aftermarket for these will eventually approach the level of the 10/22 rifle, but that will also take time.

A guy that frequents our club plate shoots brought in a marlin camp carbine in 45acp once and let us try it. What a cool little rifle. Had a maine birch stock and was in excellent condition. Don't see those too often.

If ruger releases this in 45acp I'm buying.
I confuse the camp carbine with this: I Have This Old Gun: Ruger 44 Carbine

Its a tad fuggly, im not so much likeing the sort of hacked on shroud,freefloat tube thing.
also not a fan visually of the off center barrel.
Plus ruger factor shit sights, why...

Same here.

Just noticing those sights, now that you mention them. Why is the "rear" sight nearer the middle, and not in the back?

Same here.

Just noticing those sights, now that you mention them. Why is the "rear" sight nearer the middle, and not in the back?

It breaks down into two components. Both the front and rear sights are on the front half, presumably to keep them aligned. I put a red dot on the rail on mine, (which is on the rear half).

I knew there was a reason I waited to buy one of these, and I think I just figured out I was just waiting for this version to come out.

As soon as the 45acp comes out I'll be in line for one.

It probably won't. Not sure why they would bother. Not sure why they would bother with .40, either. Waste of production capacity.

-Mike

I think ruger knew they were tapping a big market making a pcc that was affordable relative to ar based options. They designed it to sell in ban states and to those buyers turned off by evil looking guns.

Yup... . this is a commodity product designed to siphon sales away from KelTec and ShitPoint, not for the hi brow tactical-PCC crowd. It's pretty decent for what it is, actually.

-Mike

If it functions, well then [mg]
It's ugly blah blah blah [rofl] Seriously WTF.

I bought one because it's a LEGAL PCC in that wonderful "Constitution" state CT, and I really didn't feel like cluster-fcking one of my AR's to get it run 9mm.
It shoots fine. It's kind of like a beefed up 1022.

Ugly? Meh. It's functional. I swapped the charging handle over to the left side, swapped it to run glock mags, and put a decent red dot on it. It's fun to shoot.

I bought one because it's a LEGAL PCC in that wonderful "Constitution" state CT, and I really didn't feel like cluster-fcking one of my AR's to get it run 9mm.
It shoots fine. It's kind of like a beefed up 1022.

Ugly? Meh. It's functional. I swapped the charging handle over to the left side, swapped it to run glock mags, and put a decent red dot on it. It's fun to shoot.
Thats what I am talking about. Looks don't mean shit.

Fudd back, tacticool front. Looks shitty.

Looks like a New York abomination. Ares SCR.
ares-scr-low-rise-iron-sights-low-profile-max-slowik.jpg

Getting in early on a potential future ban. Plus it's more compact top-to-bottom than an AR for putting on the rack in your pickup. For those that do that sort of thing elsewhere.

What type of Glock mags does the ruger take. I’m assuming there are pre-bans that will fit? Does ruger offer reg capacity mag other then small cap(10rds)

What type of Glock mags does the ruger take. I’m assuming there are pre-bans that will fit? Does ruger offer reg capacity mag other then small cap(10rds)

It prefers the newer, ambi glock mags. It WILL take the older ones, but then you have to keep mag release on the left side of the gun (as older mags only have the cutout on one side). I don't think ruger is in the glock mag business in terms of sales. The PCCs ship with either a 17 or 10 round Ruger mag.

I like it, but 800 is way too expensive. The standard model is 500 and shoots perfectly (and looks like No Country For Old Men with a suppressor on it). I'm sure people who want to get into the 9mm PC game with a pistol grip will pay it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom