• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger R9C Sights

My brand new Ruger SR9C was shooting to the right...about 4 inches to the right at 10 yards. After closely inspecting my rear sight I noticed that it was off center about 3/64" to the right. I moved the rear sight to center but have yet to get to the range. Just wondering...would 3/64" be enough to make that pistol be 4" off?

Thanks.

I'd say you're pretty close, maybe another 1/64". With a sight radius of 5.5" the math works out to be:

5.5"/x = 360"/4"
x=(5.5")(4")/360"
x~1/16"

Dudes, it's just triangles. You could bust out some sines, cosines and tangents if you'd like, but since the angles are the same it just works out to be linear.

Last edited:
3/64" is just barely less than 1/16", so yes that is substantial for the rear sight on a relatively short sight radius gun like SR9c.

Oh good...so it wasn't me I hope. I would like to say that I am somewhat of an experienced shooter. I was very disappointed the first time out with the SR9C though. I didn't think I was that bad of a shot. Guess I should have taken a much closer look at the rear sight. Most everyone says theirs is fine right out of th box. Going to the range tomorrow. See what happens.

Back
Top Bottom