Ruger Precision Rifle V/S Tikka T3X TACT A1

Been very happy with my Tikka, I think it is much better than a RPR. Been learning reloading for 6.5 Creedmoor, there's a lot to learn. My clubs longest distance is 200 yds. Maybe this coming Summer I hope to get a chance to shoot longer distances. Depends on being able to find primers, got plenty of powder and bullets, running low on primers.

I am putting together my 6.5 Creedmoor now for long range.
Remington 5R Gen 2.
I have a small supply of components for reloading and all the needed equipment.
I have reloaded shotshells for 40 years, never metallic cartridge. Jim's classes are booked out to April, so I will be self taught on this "art".

So where would one go to pick up a Tikka T3x? I can’t seem to find them at the prices people often post saying they find them at.

Which T3x are you looking for? The TAC and CTR are more expensive to begin with and seem to be in shorter supply. The lites and superlites are cheaper and a bit easier to find.

Which T3x are you looking for? The TAC and CTR are more expensive to begin with and seem to be in shorter supply. The lites and superlites are cheaper and a bit easier to find.
I've had my eye on a TAC A1. From what I understand, it's possible to buy a chassis separately and make your own "TAC" model, but I'm not really sure the particulars on how that works.

I've had my eye on a TAC A1. From what I understand, it's possible to buy a chassis separately and make your own "TAC" model, but I'm not really sure the particulars on how that works.

Ok, then you're looking at $1500-$2000 depending on caliber. So if you're looking for a Tac A1 at Lite/SuperLite prices, then you'll be very disappointed.

they can be found but don’t expect any deals as they usually sell like hot cakes. If looking for more precision oriented stay with a ctr,varmint, or tac. The lites are great but don’t like extended strings of fire. Mine have shown impact shifts after 2-3 rounds. My varmint can handle strings of 10-12 shots easily. The varmint has the largest factory tikka barrel that’s why I went with it also it was half the price of a tac. The ctr is also widely popular and an excellent choice it has a threaded muzzle and double stack mags. Options are endless really you can add aftermarket stocks or chassis, barrels, triggers and slowly build up. Here is a varmint I’m working on. 0E810D51-80F6-4029-82A9-13064D68E300.jpeg

I am putting together my 6.5 Creedmoor now for long range.
Remington 5R Gen 2.
I have a small supply of components for reloading and all the needed equipment.
I have reloaded shotshells for 40 years, never metallic cartridge. Jim's classes are booked out to April, so I will be self taught on this "art".
I took the reloading class about 18 months ago, it's an excellent class to take. They had it at my club, WSA.

I have the tikka 6.5 lite with the factory stock and as long as you free float the barrel there no poi shift I shoot 10 round strings all the time and she gets hot for sure only thing is mirage off the heat on the barrel. If your seeing poi shift from a hot barrel something is seriously wrong. You can drop the barreled action in an XLR chassis or KRG bravo and it couldn’t be easier

I have the tikka 6.5 lite with the factory stock and as long as you free float the barrel there no poi shift I shoot 10 round strings all the time and she gets hot for sure only thing is mirage off the heat on the barrel. If your seeing poi shift from a hot barrel something is seriously wrong. You can drop the barreled action in an XLR chassis or KRG bravo and it couldn’t be easier
Don’t think I’m doing it wrong but maybe. I’ll see I might have some targets still. I noticed when after few shots it would string. There’s a reason why you don’t see any precision or long range guns with lil skinny pencil barrels.

Don’t think I’m doing it wrong but maybe. I’ll see I might have some targets still. I noticed when after few shots it would string. There’s a reason why you don’t see any precision or long range guns with lil skinny pencil barrels.
Did you remove the bumps in the stock that contact the barrel and Dremel out the stock to make it fully free floating? I’ve done it on a few and have had very good luck. The most experienced guy I know says you can shoot them till they glow before seeing poi shift and if they walk it’s a barrel contact issue, not first hand experience on my part but I’ve had great luck free floating and shooting 10 round groupsFD265331-EAA4-49E4-97D6-6BDCE20D6D74.jpeg823E3DF8-7A6A-49A0-B6C1-BC1D63EE9A46.jpeg68F38A8D-B630-476B-A286-A4F73DE9F575.jpeg

Did you remove the bumps in the stock that contact the barrel and Dremel out the stock to make it fully free floating? I’ve done it on a few and have had very good luck. The most experienced guy I know says you can shoot them till they glow before seeing poi shift and if they walk it’s a barrel contact issue, not first hand experience on my part but I’ve had great luck free floating and shooting 10 round groupsView attachment 451263View attachment 451264View attachment 451265
I haven’t opened it up only checked with a piece of paper. I’ll have to dive deeper. For the purpose of that rifle if I need more than 3 rounds I’m doing something else wrong lol.

I haven’t opened it up only checked with a piece of paper. I’ll have to dive deeper. For the purpose of that rifle if I need more than 3 rounds I’m doing something else wrong lol.
Haha I hear that man and in most cases your definitely right, the bull I shot this year soaked up six before folding up I couldn’t believe it

Back
Top Bottom